Fusion Masks

TBB

I've used mine now for close to five years and it seems to be holding up well. I recently replaced the foams with ECOpro and that made it even more comfortable than it was previously. It's definitely a solid mask at the price point and I don't seem to have suffered any adverse effects from shots to the head as I have taken a few over the years. If you like the Itech 960 type mold masks it's worth a look.

2 hours ago, TBB said:

Does anyone know anything about Fusion Masks? They advertise as NHL level quality but for 499$ I am skeptical. Any knowledge on them would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Never used one... I know @Imperative has 1 or 2.

Be very cautious with advertising... I know my Sportmask Pro 3, F Series, is in the same price range but not quite "NHL Level Quality."  And how many NHL Level skaters are you going to be facing.  The biggest thing when it comes to a mask is build quality and fit.

I own a fusion 9961 and a 962 they are a really solid mask. The 9961 is a hydro dipped and the 962 has vinyl wrap. The biggest complaints I have seen is guys don’t like the stock paint as it has a tendency to chip and vent holes not a smooth as some guys like. For the money I think it is a good mask, very solid and I feel like my head is very safe wearing them.  

32309CE6-8B3B-486B-B117-426AAC5D3111.jpeg

6D934CA7-E8A0-4316-813E-6A2821DE67D3.jpeg

• Like 1

I've had 2 fusion and 2 Bauer 961's.  Couldn't tell a difference between the two and from what I understand they use same mold, materials, etc...  They are legit pro masks.  As far as NHL quality...no idea what that means, nor do I think that matters.  The NME10 was being worn in the NHL for a while.  I had one of those and the chin cracked from a mid-level beer league wrist shot and not just the gel coat...all the way through.  The Fusion masks are a great value if you like 961 style masks.  Might I also suggest OTNY as long as your in that price range.  Better quality, service and custom fitting.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm still using my Fusion GM2000 kevlar reinforced mask i got around 2009 that replaced my eddy gt. I wasn't so sure if i really liked it or not when I first got it but completely happy with it since. I like the shape .. and the triangular vent holes. Don't really want a Worf from Star Trek looking mask.

Would like to get it refurbished. Will be contacting them soon about it. I know Toylene [may have spelled wrong] but she still works there since 2011 or longer, but they quickly reply 

Good masks. 

Edited by Scythe

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

That was my old bucket. Solid mask, I can vouch for them. 

Might want to adjust the foam to your fit, to all those considering this mask. I kept it standard, but after a few hours of play, headaches started to set it. But then again, it could of been my head scalf knot digging in 🤣

Edited by The Teal Terror

I had a Fusion for a minute. Solid construction, a little sloppier on the finish. As mentioned by others - the foam as pretty stiff (even when it was brand new). Was not comfortable for me (so I jettisoned it) but otherwise I felt it was a good deal for the money.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/4/2024 at 7:22 PM, dreadlocked1 said:

I recently reached out to them for a new cage for my 9961 through

https://www.fusionmasks.com

They took a few days to respond and are based in Canada.  You might be better off going through Simmons who sells them.  I got my cage from them as well.  

https://simmonshockey.com

They're quicker to respond andnbased in the US.

I have found that the cat eye cage that come standard with the 9961 and 962 are a little tight. The cage makes contact with the shell on the forehead, temples and the lip of the window, take a shot in the cage and you were loosing paint. I found Nix hockey on SL and took a shot that their cage would fit, The fit is great and they make NO contact with shell and with no shell contact it seems to disperse the force of impact to the cage better. I have no affiliation with Nix, just a happy customer.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fever9990 said:

I have found that the cat eye cage that come standard with the 9961 and 962 are a little tight. The cage makes contact with the shell on the forehead, temples and the lip of the window, take a shot in the cage and you were loosing paint. I found Nix hockey on SL and took a shot that their cage would fit, The fit is great and they make NO contact with shell and with no shell contact it seems to disperse the force of impact to the cage better. I have no affiliation with Nix, just a happy customer.

Mind sending a link to the cages on sl you know fit?

3 hours ago, jerd31 said:

Wait, that doucher owns Fusion now?

I remember the post on here, his family owns Fusion mask ( mother I believe runs it, makes the masks)  and then he branched out and started that business. There are few threads on here about it. 

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

I remember the post on here, his family owns Fusion mask ( mother I believe runs it, makes the masks)  and then he branched out and started that business. There are few threads on here about it. 

Well that's unfortunate.  

5 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Mind sending a link to the cages on sl you know fit?

Sorry it's MIX not Nix, I cant seem to post a link, but on SL under goalie mask. They have black on sale now for $50

Yep, Fusion masks are run by Quantum hockey. Same company as the goaliemask collector. It was for sale, dont know if someone bought it.

I've seen repair work on these, matte fiberglass and polyester resin. You can build a thicky, sturdy shell that would typically last but like most others it's nothing special or particularly safe.

Theres likely a little spot patch of kevlar in there somewhere, maybe.

Theres one company, that I wont name that claims the build is fiberglass, carbon and kevlar. The shell is mainly matte fiberglass which is the cheapest material possible. Then they randomly threw in pieces of hybrid kevlar/carbon cloth into the mold. The inside layer is a pigmented fiberglass so it looks like carbon fiber. Its extremely misleading.

Most of these companies are full of BS.

If your wanting that shell built better contact Kustom Komposited or get a 961 from protechsport.