Cold toes!!!

RichMan

I'm in Bauer 700X. I usually wear those thin nylon like socks. My toes get freezing by the end of the game, whether I've got a quiet night or going through an all on assault. I upgrade to a little thicker socks, same results. Got even thicker socks with heat material properties, same damn results.

Is it the skates? Is it cause the toe box is more exposed (no cowling)?

What socks do you use? What's your experience?

First, I wear standard ankle socks you can buy at any big box store.

Only one of the two rinks here is cold enough inside that my toes get cold. I've found that if I regularly wiggle my toes that it goes away (or keeps the cold away if I remember to do it from the start). I think it's just getting the blood flow going so to speak.

Playing pond hockey growing up we all always had cold toes. Didn't matter what socks were worn. But even back then would just wiggle my toes and curl them as much as I could.

I've been wearing Little Hotties adhesive toe warmers on top on my toes for years and they make a huge difference. I really can't get away without them even in warm rinks, circulation to my toes is terrible. Plenty of room inside my X900 skates for them. $13 for a box of 30 pairs at Costco, so the expense isn't huge. 

16 hours ago, RichMan said:

I'm in Bauer 700X. I usually wear those thin nylon like socks. My toes get freezing by the end of the game, whether I've got a quiet night or going through an all on assault. I upgrade to a little thicker socks, same results. Got even thicker socks with heat material properties, same damn results.

I use a knee high skate sock I bought at a local sports store. This past week I played at a rink and it was -25 Celsius inside the rink, so I used the toe warmers, the ones that have the adhesive side to them. I stuck them on top of my toes and the fit fine I to my true two piece cowlingless skates and kept my toes nice and warm all game. Hope that helps!

20 hours ago, RichMan said:

I randomly have this happen sometimes. I figure I tried to my skates too tight and messed with blood flow? Have no idea if those makes sense, but there’s never any rhyme or reason to why that happens 

6 hours ago, Imperative said:

I use a knee high skate sock I bought at a local sports store. This past week I played at a rink and it was -25 Celsius inside the rink, so I used the toe warmers, the ones that have the adhesive side to them. I stuck them on top of my toes and the fit fine I to my true two piece cowlingless skates and kept my toes nice and warm all game. Hope that helps!

I am dumping my Trues for the opposite reason. I just cannot get them dialled in and my feet are always frozen regardless of cold/notsocold rinks, and even worse than my Bauer S29. It has been an expensive lesson. 

3 hours ago, aircanuck said:

I am dumping my Trues for the opposite reason. I just cannot get them dialled in and my feet are always frozen regardless of cold/notsocold rinks, and even worse than my Bauer S29. It has been an expensive lesson. 

That sucks, I haven’t had any issues with my trues, I honestly love them. The only time I was worried about getting cold feet was that one game. 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:09 PM, RichMan said:

i notice this too, i use Bauer s 27s and  thin wilson performance socks and i notice my toes are freezing. I once went to a public skate and wore thick wool socks and didnt notice it. 

Archived