New Knee Pads

ThatCarGuy

On 2/13/2019 at 6:30 PM, seagoal said:

This is my exact setup, SLR pants and Warrior Pro knee pads.

Super protective and comfortable duo.  

I'm happy to answer questions or provide pics of anything.

Am I the only one who is anything but satisfied with Vaughn pants? I bought last summer SLR Pro Carbon pants and wore them a few months before I had to discard them. They lacked of protection almost everywhere and even my 3 years old Bauer Reactor 9000 pants where much more protective. Every single shot (even straight to the most protected part of the thigh) gave me stingers. I also got very bad bruises to upper thighs near groin area and it started to be too dangerous so I ordered Brown pants. No problems since. 

On 2/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Alright, so the materials to make my own professor strap are ordered and should be arriving today. Still haven't purchased knee pads but it's decided, I'll be getting the Warrior Ritual X Sr/Pro. A buddy of mine has a set that came with his Warrior pads but the elastic on them is broken and he might be willing to give them away because he's not interested in sewing them.

I can highly recommend Brown knee pads. They are very light and mobile and also have cushioning for comfortable landing.

• 1 month later...

After a couple ice times with the SLR pants, they're going up for sale. The inside of my thighs are covered with bruises because the padding doesn't wrap around enough there. I went out and got a set of Warrior Ritual X Sr pants and starting modding them the second I got home (will hopefully have pics soon). I took advantage of the removable inner belt and only removed it half way. The only way the inner belt is connected to the pants is the velcro on the back. I have the belt this way so I can tuck my c/a over the inner belt and inside the pants. That's how I tried on a pair of CCM pro spec pants and I loved it. I used the pants yesterday and just like everything else Warrior they are very mobile despite appearances. They fit perfectly and my mod to the inner belt worked exactly how I wanted it to. 

Side note: I have struck a deal with my dad. He has said that since I like Warrior knee pads and Warrior leg pads, I will get both at the same time! I'm about to outgrow my Vaughn's though so I'll hopefully get new pads for my birthday in June.

And yes, my friendly Monkey Sports Warrior guy may have finally turned me away from Vaughn and converted me to all Warrior.

47 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

After a couple ice times with the SLR pants, they're going up for sale. The inside of my thighs are covered with bruises because the padding doesn't wrap around enough there. I went out and got a set of Warrior Ritual X Sr pants and starting modding them the second I got home (will hopefully have pics soon). I took advantage of the removable inner belt and only removed it half way. The only way the inner belt is connected to the pants is the velcro on the back. I have the belt this way so I can tuck my c/a over the inner belt and inside the pants. That's how I tried on a pair of CCM pro spec pants and I loved it. I used the pants yesterday and just like everything else Warrior they are very mobile despite appearances. They fit perfectly and my mod to the inner belt worked exactly how I wanted it to. 

Side note: I have struck a deal with my dad. He has said that since I like Warrior knee pads and Warrior leg pads, I will get both at the same time! I'm about to outgrow my Vaughn's though so I'll hopefully get new pads for my birthday in June.

And yes, my friendly Monkey Sports Warrior guy may have finally turned me away from Vaughn and converted me to all Warrior.

you know warrior knee pads come with the pads right? no need to buy them individually

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

That's why I'll get them at the same time

I'm thinking of going with tan G4 Classics.

ah ok, thought you meant you were buying them separate

also why all tan? arent u in black-red gloves?

19 minutes ago, Max27 said:

ah ok, thought you meant you were buying them separate

also why all tan? arent u in black-red gloves?

Correct, I am in red and black gloves. I was gonna go for an all black set but I'm probably going to be playing for a travel team next year and the basically use NY Rangers unis. Plus retro tan is different than all the other kids in Texas. I guess I could always go with the red and white color scheme. I'll probably be playing for two teams next year

All black would look great with this:

Image result for richardson rockwall raiders hockey

Not so much with this:

Image result for texas warriors hockey

I grabbed random pictures for both of these.

36 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Correct, I am in red and black gloves. I was gonna go for an all black set but I'm probably going to be playing for a travel team next year and the basically use NY Rangers unis. Plus retro tan is different than all the other kids in Texas. I guess I could always go with the red and white color scheme. I'll probably be playing for two teams next year

All black would look great with this:

Image result for richardson rockwall raiders hockey

Not so much with this:

Image result for texas warriors hockey

I grabbed random pictures for both of these.

ah gotcha. i think all tan would look cool, id try and skin the gloves to look tan also

Archived