34F394A8-21C1-43CC-8EEF-51BCF8FB7C11.jpeg

402C6720-2837-4397-9FC0-3862DB318799.jpeg

AA75D5AC-BA89-4027-A7A6-ABB4C37E22F7.jpeg

7C1A85B7-BA88-4804-AC89-5D8BF2FDB60F.jpeg

9FD42E83-8B5E-4251-B6A2-407BD9AF12EC.jpeg

9C409725-4E49-412E-A5EB-437E7EAB7B11.jpeg

A53631F9-8632-4B49-9EAE-60F41BBA8F74.jpeg

653C30A7-8D48-43EF-8F6B-0D3177ED04C7.jpeg

Any more information that you can share at this time? Is the foam on par with the supposed safety benefits of Maltese or ECOproFOAM (I say supposed because to my knowledge neither company has ever publicly released data to back this up)?

Also, is it one-size-fits-all or are their customizable options?

12 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Any more information that you can share at this time? Is the foam on par with the supposed safety benefits of Maltese or ECOproFOAM (I say supposed because to my knowledge neither company has ever publicly released data to back this up)?

Also, is it one-size-fits-all or are their customizable options?

Will have more info soon, but this foam just feels like a very comfortable cream foam. For comfort purposes, I actually like is better than the black Protechsport... which I didn’t think it was possible. Haven’t gotten it on ice more. I’m unclear if there’s any impact absorption benefit to this foam. 

There are different shell sizes. Mine is a M

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Will have more info soon, but this foam just feels like a very comfortable cream foam. For comfort purposes, I actually like is better than the black Protechsport... which I didn’t think it was possible. Haven’t gotten it on ice more. I’m unclear if there’s any impact absorption benefit to this foam. 

There are different shell sizes. Mine is a M

I know Sportmask foam is usually pretty soft from what I have seen in-store. Did they say it was a new type or is that just speculation?

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet I've never worn a flat bar... is the visibility about the same as a more traditional double bar? Also do you have any initial impressions on the Sportmask chin cup? It was mentioned in another thread as pretty comfy and a great option to add on to any mask (for those who prefer cups to slings anyway.)

Sightlines on this mask are unreal. Don’t notice the flatbar any most than any other cage. 

I do notice less mask toward the chin as I look down. I expect this to be great for tracking in tight 

Haven’t worn it on ice, but the chin cup feels great 

35 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Sightlines on this mask are unreal. Don’t notice the flatbar any most than any other cage. 

I do notice less mask toward the chin as I look down. I expect this to be great for tracking in tight 

I agree.  I love both the flat bar and the chin cup on my Pro 3, F Series.  Just swapped by mask straps out to black last night.

38 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I second all of this.

This is their long cage model so there is less shell in front of your mouth and your mouth is more visible externally with these cages.

I can notice the flat bar on mine if I focus on it, but it doesn't stand out in my field of vision.  These PC  or Sportmask flat bar cages look so badass, in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That padding looks similar to the stuff in my Pro's Choice

My guess is that it is just the usual foam which I would assume is similar to the PC.

@TheGoalNet can you ask Sportmask if it's an option to get ECOproFOAM for any of their masks (specifically the pro versions and custom)?

14 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet I've never worn a flat bar... is the visibility about the same as a more traditional double bar? Also do you have any initial impressions on the Sportmask chin cup? It was mentioned in another thread as pretty comfy and a great option to add on to any mask (for those who prefer cups to slings anyway.)

I got a Sportmask chin cup in my Eddy mask and it's a big improvement. The old chin cup was made with thick injection-molded foam which wasn't very comfortable and got slick when wet, whereas the Sportmask chin cup is much thinner (allowing the face to be closer to the opening for better visibility) and is more comfortable.

7 hours ago, TitanG said:

My guess is that it is just the usual foam which I would assume is similar to the PC.

@TheGoalNet can you ask Sportmask if it's an option to get ECOproFOAM for any of their masks (specifically the pro versions and custom)?

I got a Sportmask chin cup in my Eddy mask and it's a big improvement. The old chin cup was made with thick injection-molded foam which wasn't very comfortable and got slick when wet, whereas the Sportmask chin cup is much thinner (allowing the face to be closer to the opening for better visibility) and is more comfortable.

https://goalieparts.com/products/otny-x2i-eco.html

https://goalieparts.com/products/otny-x3i-eco.html

Goalie Parts has the OTNY/Sportmask Pro masks listed with Ecofoam in them. Anything listed with Eco beside them has the Ecofoam in them 

9 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

https://goalieparts.com/products/otny-x2i-eco.html

https://goalieparts.com/products/otny-x3i-eco.html

Goalie Parts has the OTNY/Sportmask Pro masks listed with Ecofoam in them. Anything listed with Eco beside them has the Ecofoam in them 

Yep, I am aware of those and assume the Pro 3i is essentially the same as the x3i but without ECOproFOAM. I just wanted to know if I could get it directly from Sportmask, i.e. if I were to order a different model or a pro custom model.

9 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Sorry to butt in here, but I can answer this.

ECOpro Foam will stay exclusive with the OTNY masks.  At least that's what I was told in December.

That's what I expected. Hopefully they integrate the two brands more so that you can get ECOproFOAM on any of their masks.

59 minutes ago, TitanG said:

I'm going to assume to the aforementioned 3D printing technology used with the Pro 3i and the OTNY X2i and X3i is this:

Looks like an inexpensive deskstop style FDM was used to prototype a shell design or part of the mold tooling. Very cool detail to share with the public. Hopefully more of the industrial grade 3D printing like Riddell football or Hexo bike helmets are using will make it's way into hockey.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, cwarnar said:

I agree.  I love both the flat bar and the chin cup on my Pro 3, F Series.  Just swapped by mask straps out to black last night.

I'm trying to find Red straps for my VX-5.  Happen to see those anywhere when picking up the Black?  

1 hour ago, jayluv54 said:

I'm trying to find Red straps for my VX-5.  Happen to see those anywhere when picking up the Black?  

Goalieparts.com should have them, at least according to their Instagram, but I don't see them specifically listed on the site so you should probably email them. They are part of OTNYMask who has merged with Sportmask.

On 1/30/2019 at 6:17 PM, Chenner29 said:

Hey Jay,

Yes on both.  I will be selling them soon, but that is actually because I have an order in queue for another set.

What size are you?

-Eric

On 2/15/2019 at 3:02 PM, TitanG said:

Goalieparts.com should have them, at least according to their Instagram, but I don't see them specifically listed on the site so you should probably email them. They are part of OTNYMask who has merged with Sportmask.

That's where I went first.  I havent messaged Dennis yet, but I know they weren't on the site.

9 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

That's where I went first.  I havent messaged Dennis yet, but I know they weren't on the site.

They do have different colour options for the straps if you buy an entire mask revitalization kit: https://goalieparts.com/products/sportmask-mask-revitalization-kit.html

But the price on that is steep and I would see if you can just order the straps on their own.

Archived