CCM AS1 with XGS Holder - No Cowling

TheGoalNet

59 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

THS' reviews are always just propped up advertisements. I get why, but they're never impartial. 

@TheGoalNet Those look like As1's with the FT2's runners?

Yes, @ZeroGravitas was sort of asking earlier. This is an option now with the full custom skate. Safe to assume it comes on AS1 replacement in 2020

13 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, @ZeroGravitas was sort of asking earlier. This is an option now with the full custom skate. Safe to assume it comes on AS1 replacement in 2020

So i'm going to assume that the FT2 and the AS1(2) are essentially the same as the Supreme/Vapour in regards to major differences? Mostly small minute things but mostly to do with fit?

Do you happen to know if CCM will be continuing with the Ribcor line?

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So i'm going to assume that the FT2 and the AS1(2) are essentially the same as the Supreme/Vapour in regards to major differences? Mostly small minute things but mostly to do with fit?

Do you happen to know if CCM will be continuing with the Ribcor line?

Jet Speed and AS1 are the only 2 in the catalog.

Yes, at retail, it's a fit story. AS1 is a more universal fit. Jet Speed is a tapered fit.

With full custom, you could order an AS1 because you like that boot tech, but get it to fit your "jet speed foot".

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Jet Speed and AS1 are the only 2 in the catalog.

Yes, at retail, it's a fit story. AS1 is a more universal fit. Jet Speed is a tapered fit.

With full custom, you could order an AS1 because you like that boot tech, but get it to fit your "jet speed foot".

Booooo. Gone are the softer boots. Guess my Ribcor's will be sticking around a bit longer.

26 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Booooo. Gone are the softer boots. Guess my Ribcor's will be sticking around a bit longer.

You could probably stock up on a second pair soon on closeout.

You should look into AS1. I heard that boot really flexes and is unique among any composite boot. There's almost like a flexpoint at the ankle

28 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

You could probably stock up on a second pair soon on closeout.

You should look into AS1. I heard that boot really flexes and is unique among any composite boot. There's almost like a flexpoint at the ankle

That's probably what I was going to do anyways. I have no major qualms against a stiff boot, had a pair of NXG's for a bit that I did like. It's just a bummer Bauer's toes caps are too small to accommodate my broken big toe and it's gnarly knuckle.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:19 PM, TheGoalNet said:

You should look into AS1. I heard that boot really flexes and is unique among any composite boot. There's almost like a flex point at the ankle

This isn't specific to a CCM skate, just piggy backing on this comment here.  I wonder the possibility of making a hybrid boot that is composite and whatever the older boots are made of.  Old material would be around the ankle for flex and eyelets for more of a "wrap around" feel.  Idk, probably sounds stupid to most people, I have no experience wearing a full composite boot.

21 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

@SaveByRichter35 I remember seeing these posted by Graf a month or so ago. I think this is what you mean?

image.png

That's actually where I got this idea.  That handle in the comments, jimmyd3135, is me.  I thought the same thing when I saw this picture and asked them.  They said it is a full composite boot.  I guess the white leather is just clued/sewn on top of the composite.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I just went back and read those comments again and they never actually responded to answer my last question if there is composite under the white leather at the ankle.  Maybe they would be more inclined if a different person commented requesting confirmation?

Just tell them you’re a grown ass man with an $800 hole in his pocket for some new skates and you need them to directly answer your question, otherwise you’re gonna stick to your 1975 Riedells 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Starting to get obsessed w/ these...

Image result for ccm as1 xsg holder

I asked CCM directly about people thinking they need an AS1 over the Jetspeed.

Although certain people just won't fit, CCM thinks they can accommodate most goalies in JetSpeed and custom molding. Total custom is the only way to get AS1 with XSG. Custom bake JetSpeed is less expensive than full custom AS1.  They encouraged anyone who is worried they won't fit to try on a retail JetSpeed with an open mind.

I can attest to having an AS1 per the scanner and the JetSpeed custom mold working out okay. 

Sorry for the disclaimer, but they spent a lot of energy trying to get people in comfortable skates without needing to fork out for the total custom. That's why I point this out.

I tried on a JetSpeed player skate since nobody seems to have any stock of the goalie skate yet and I will say for me I don't think it would've worked even with a custom mold. Even in EE it was not comfortable up by the toe box so I ended up just ordering a pair of 1X in EE to replace my current pair that are a D width since everyone has them on sale right now.

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I asked CCM directly about people thinking they need an AS1 over the Jetspeed.

Although certain people just won't fit, CCM thinks they can accommodate most goalies in JetSpeed and custom molding. Total custom is the only way to get AS1 with XSG. Custom bake JetSpeed is less expensive than full custom AS1.  They encouraged anyone who is worried they won't fit to try on a retail JetSpeed with an open mind.

I can attest to having an AS1 per the scanner and the JetSpeed custom mold working out okay. 

Sorry for the disclaimer, but they spent a lot of energy trying to get people in comfortable skates without needing to fork out for the total custom. That's why I point this out.

I don't have any specific foot fitment concerns... i have the standard heel bumps etc... but no flat feet... so crazy high arches... no super wide feet... more interested in the AS1 w/ XSG for the additional flex. I'll likely go down the path of 3D scan for fitment and go from there to decide if I move toward Total Custom AS1 or Custom Molded Jetspeed (or stock Jetspeed w/ shop bake.)

47 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I tried on a JetSpeed player skate since nobody seems to have any stock of the goalie skate yet and I will say for me I don't think it would've worked even with a custom mold. Even in EE it was not comfortable up by the toe box so I ended up just ordering a pair of 1X in EE to replace my current pair that are a D width since everyone has them on sale right now.

No for the 2x? One more week. 

51 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

No for the 2x? One more week. 

Thought about it but I can't imagine there will be much difference between the two. That and I've blown through my hockey budget for a good while so $500 was about all I could part with to get something that hopefully doesn't make my foot hurt.

39 minutes ago, wox33 said:

Thought about it but I can't imagine there will be much difference between the two. That and I've blown through my hockey budget for a good while so $500 was about all I could part with to get something that hopefully doesn't make my foot hurt.

True enough, let me know how it works out. 

4 hours ago, wox33 said:

Okay, glad to hear you tried them on. Sounds like you would have been a good candidate for AS1 full custom. Good luck with the Vapor

26 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Okay, glad to hear you tried them on. Sounds like you would have been a good candidate for AS1 full custom. Good luck with the Vapor

Yeah, I seem to always need a skate with max volume and going full custom in the AS1 may have got me kicked out of the house lol. My current skates are Vapors in 10D and I should be in a 9.5EE so hopefully getting the correct size will work as I liked the rest of the way the skate felt.

4 hours ago, wox33 said:

Yeah, I seem to always need a skate with max volume and going full custom in the AS1 may have got me kicked out of the house lol. My current skates are Vapors in 10D and I should be in a 9.5EE so hopefully getting the correct size will work as I liked the rest of the way the skate felt.

I’m in Supreme with my Bauer’s, but Volume is the biggest thing I notice with the CCM. The JetSpeed’s have way more volume. 

I tried on a 2S in wide just to see and there is no way my foot goes comfortably in that boot. I figured it would be a little uncomfortable compared to the Vapor but it wasn't even close for me. I was hoping the Jetspeed would offer me enough space since traditionally older CCM/Reebok skates always fit me better than Bauer but now that they started making specific boots for specific feet (not to mention they are all super stiff boots now) I'm afraid I've been relegated to Tacks. Too bad since I was interested in seeing if a 1 piece boot made any difference but I like my Vapors currently so it's not a big deal. I was hoping to try the latest and greatest since I had to get different skates no matter what.

Archived