Sign in to follow this  
TheGoalNet

CCM AS1 with XGS Holder - No Cowling

On 2/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Nice and dandy on the specs of the skate but I want to hear real reviews after a few months of the release.

THS' reviews are always just propped up advertisements. I get why, but they're never impartial. 

@TheGoalNet Those look like As1's with the FT2's runners?

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

THS' reviews are always just propped up advertisements. I get why, but they're never impartial. 

@TheGoalNet Those look like As1's with the FT2's runners?

Yes, @ZeroGravitas was sort of asking earlier. This is an option now with the full custom skate. Safe to assume it comes on AS1 replacement in 2020

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, @ZeroGravitas was sort of asking earlier. This is an option now with the full custom skate. Safe to assume it comes on AS1 replacement in 2020

So i'm going to assume that the FT2 and the AS1(2) are essentially the same as the Supreme/Vapour in regards to major differences? Mostly small minute things but mostly to do with fit?

Do you happen to know if CCM will be continuing with the Ribcor line?

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So i'm going to assume that the FT2 and the AS1(2) are essentially the same as the Supreme/Vapour in regards to major differences? Mostly small minute things but mostly to do with fit?

Do you happen to know if CCM will be continuing with the Ribcor line?

Jet Speed and AS1 are the only 2 in the catalog.

Yes, at retail, it's a fit story. AS1 is a more universal fit. Jet Speed is a tapered fit.

With full custom, you could order an AS1 because you like that boot tech, but get it to fit your "jet speed foot".

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Jet Speed and AS1 are the only 2 in the catalog.

Yes, at retail, it's a fit story. AS1 is a more universal fit. Jet Speed is a tapered fit.

With full custom, you could order an AS1 because you like that boot tech, but get it to fit your "jet speed foot".

Booooo. Gone are the softer boots. Guess my Ribcor's will be sticking around a bit longer.

26 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Booooo. Gone are the softer boots. Guess my Ribcor's will be sticking around a bit longer.

You could probably stock up on a second pair soon on closeout.

You should look into AS1. I heard that boot really flexes and is unique among any composite boot. There's almost like a flexpoint at the ankle

28 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

You could probably stock up on a second pair soon on closeout.

You should look into AS1. I heard that boot really flexes and is unique among any composite boot. There's almost like a flexpoint at the ankle

That's probably what I was going to do anyways. I have no major qualms against a stiff boot, had a pair of NXG's for a bit that I did like. It's just a bummer Bauer's toes caps are too small to accommodate my broken big toe and it's gnarly knuckle.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:19 PM, TheGoalNet said:

You should look into AS1. I heard that boot really flexes and is unique among any composite boot. There's almost like a flex point at the ankle

This isn't specific to a CCM skate, just piggy backing on this comment here.  I wonder the possibility of making a hybrid boot that is composite and whatever the older boots are made of.  Old material would be around the ankle for flex and eyelets for more of a "wrap around" feel.  Idk, probably sounds stupid to most people, I have no experience wearing a full composite boot.

21 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

@SaveByRichter35 I remember seeing these posted by Graf a month or so ago. I think this is what you mean?

image.png

That's actually where I got this idea.  That handle in the comments, jimmyd3135, is me.  I thought the same thing when I saw this picture and asked them.  They said it is a full composite boot.  I guess the white leather is just clued/sewn on top of the composite.

I just went back and read those comments again and they never actually responded to answer my last question if there is composite under the white leather at the ankle.  Maybe they would be more inclined if a different person commented requesting confirmation?

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I just went back and read those comments again and they never actually responded to answer my last question if there is composite under the white leather at the ankle.  Maybe they would be more inclined if a different person commented requesting confirmation?

Just tell them you’re a grown ass man with an $800 hole in his pocket for some new skates and you need them to directly answer your question, otherwise you’re gonna stick to your 1975 Riedells 

• Haha 1