Crunching noise when i walk in my cowlingless skates

Max27

I got new bauer s 27 skates for christmas. I noticed when i put the blades back in after taking them out w the trigger system, they make a crunch type noise when i walk. I had this issue with my rbzs but i tightened the bolts and it went away. Would anything fix this? Would the equivalent of tightening the bolts on the cowling be tightening the bolts connecting the boot and vertexx holder?

3 hours ago, Max27 said:

I got new bauer s 27 skates for christmas. I noticed when i put the blades back in after taking them out w the trigger system, they make a crunch type noise when i walk. I had this issue with my rbzs but i tightened the bolts and it went away. Would anything fix this? Would the equivalent of tightening the bolts on the cowling be tightening the bolts connecting the boot and vertexx holder?

You’re not supposed to walk in gravel with your skates on 

9 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Are you sure the blade is in all the way?

as far as i know, yes

i cant push the blade in any further, so id think its in all the way. ill have the people at pure goalie check it out when i get my skates baked this weekend

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

You’re not supposed to walk in gravel with your skates on 

😂 i notice it walking anywhere w them 

36 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much to be honest. I've encountered similar things on new skates. They usually go away pretty quickly (~5 skates).

ok thanks. im going to pure goalie this weekend and ill ask them if its a real issue

i had this issue with my old rbz skates but i could tighten the blades to the cowling on those. nowhere to do that

I have this problem with my 1s skates too. On my skates it’s just the blades moving around side to side and somewhat forwards and backwards. I am 100% sure they are pushed all the way in too. I’m thinking I might just need to get new blade holders so they are tight again. I’m thinking this could possibly be your issue as well. 

1 hour ago, Hockey1234 said:

I have this problem with my 1s skates too. On my skates it’s just blades moving around side to side and somewhat forwards nd backward. I am 100% sure they are passed all the way in too. I’m thinking I might just need to get new cowlings so they are tight again. I’m thinking this could possibly be your issue as well. 

You mean new holders, yes?  

Archived