V1 Pro Stick

cwarnar

18 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Ya.  Has the "slide grip" on the shaft.  Curious to see what it's like.  I'll be adding a Buttendz Flux to this stick as well

If you love super efficient poke checking,  you'll love it. 

I added rubbery electrical tape to my CR1s. They're perfect after that. 

My suspicion is these V1s will be more perfect.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my composites have plugs: Bauer, True, and Warrior.  I've done side by side comparisons with and without plugs and find that having one definitely helps dampen vibrations.

Wow, 704g.  What's the CR1 in grams again?

23 minutes ago, seagoal said:

All my composites have plugs: Bauer, True, and Warrior.  I've done side by side comparisons with and without plugs and find that having one definitely helps dampen vibrations.

Wow, 704g.  What's the CR1 in grams again?

I checked @TheGoalNet's Youtube video and it was 1.579 lbs, which is 716 grams, on a 25" Paddle.

I figured as much about the plug.  I'll have to dig one up

21 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I checked @TheGoalNet's Youtube video and it was 1.579 lbs, which is 716 grams, on a 25" Paddle.

I figured as much about the plug.  I'll have to dig one up

Is the CR1 716g or 740g? 

CR1

with tape and grip. The Butt Endz and tape weigh about 40G, so this is

740Gish

This is the heaviest Pro composite on the market. It’s nearly 100G heavier than 2S Pro. Obviously doesn’t mean it’s a bad stick and weight alone doesn’t matter, but sorta interesting non the less .

http://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/topic/906-stick-weight-balance-thread/?do=findComment&comment=40896

14 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

When he did the initial auto box review it was 7:16. The extra weight should be attributed to tape and a grip

Gotcha, so he just estimated incorrectly in the post, thanks for clarification.  I'll update that information in the post I linked so it is more accurate.

Sounds good.  I got the 1.579 from the CR1 inbox YouTube video.

On a slightly more exciting note I found the end plug in the packaging... It was stuck inside the bubble wrap.  Likely the most funky of pro stock options that Warrior offers on their sticks, the team logo on the plug

IMG_20190306_093917.thumb.jpg.bba05ec9087836618cc1f7c4e37ba56a.jpg

11 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Sounds good.  I got the 1.579 from the CR1 inbox YouTube video.

On a slightly more exciting note I found the end plug in the packaging... It was stuck inside the bubble wrap.  Likely the most funky of pro stock options that Warrior offers on their sticks, the team logo on the plug

IMG_20190306_093917.thumb.jpg.bba05ec9087836618cc1f7c4e37ba56a.jpg

Ha, that's neat.  You delicately tape around the perimeter so you can still see the logo.

9 minutes ago, 1C5 said:

Nice!!!

I get the feeling that Warrior CR1/V1 is the best value at the high end comp stick market.  My 1S pro return was on sale from the Hockey Shop, but no way is the 2S Pro stick worth and extra $134 USD

On 3/5/2019 at 7:21 AM, Teezle said:

I know these are pro returns, but do we have any idea if the square toe will be available on stock V1 sticks? All of the CR1 sticks that I saw when I was at the goaliemonkey store yesterday were rounded toes.

Our Bishop (Twist) & Quick (MID) patterns have square toes.  The Mrazek (WEDGE) has a rounded toe.  This is the case on the current CR line and will continue for the V1 line as well.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Gotcha, so he just estimated incorrectly in the post, thanks for clarification.  I'll update that information in the post I linked so it is more accurate.

@SaveByRichter35 @cwarnar Pro Stock sticks vary in weight based on what is requested by the goaltender.  In some cases it will even get to adding 3-5grams in a specific section of a stick.  Fully painted sticks (like the one in the photo) also adds weight when compared to our stock models that have exposed Carbon.   The stock sticks that are coming out soon are significantly lighter than current CR1 and the Pro Stock stick above.  I'm talking like 40-50g lighter.

Just now, Kirk3190 said:

@SaveByRichter35 @cwarnar Pro Stock sticks vary in weight based on what is requested by the goaltender.  In some cases it will even get to adding 3-5grams in a specific section of a stick.  Fully painted sticks (like the one in the photo) also adds weight when compared to our stock models that have exposed Carbon.   The stock sticks that are coming out soon are significantly lighter than current CR1 and the Pro Stock stick above.  I'm talking like 40-50g lighter.

Holy crap... Thanks for the info Kirk.  Will the 3 pack custom option continue with the V1 Pro?

17 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

Nice!  Thanks for the information

23 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What's the difference between Pro+ and Pro?  Is it just this line's designation similar to CR1/2/3? 

Simply put, from a weight, balance & performance perspective the R/V1 PRO is on par with the current CR1.  The new R/V1 PRO+ is a significantly lighter version of a CR1.

Archived