V1 Pro Stick

cwarnar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First impressions of the on ice use:

1. Weight - Little to no difference in the V1 Pro+ vs the 1S.  
  2. Grip - As was discussed earlier in the thread the stick does have a textured section at the handle.  I actually prefer the Warrior to my 1S grip as its not raised or as tacky as the Bauer.
  3. Vibration - Little to none.  The plug popped out on the first hard stick shot I took in my warm up.  
  4. Stick Handling - If I was going to keep the stick I would cut down the shaft.  Its too long, being 2-3" longer than my 1S.  The custom curve was amazing and I was able to get some extra loft on playing the puck.

The paddle length is what's killing me... My 1S is a 26" and this is bigger, around 27".  I think my 1S is a little tall for me and the added length on this stick really threw my blocker positioning out of whack.  I may give it another skate, but its likely going to be for sale in the next week.

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

First impressions of the on ice use:

1. Weight - Little to no difference in the V1 Pro+ vs the 1S.  
  2. Grip - As was discussed earlier in the thread the stick does have a textured section at the handle.  I actually prefer the Warrior to my 1S grip as its not raised or as tacky as the Bauer.
  3. Vibration - Little to none.  The plug popped out on the first hard stick shot I took in my warm up.  
  4. Stick Handling - If I was going to keep the stick I would cut down the shaft.  Its too long, being 2-3" longer than my 1S.  The custom curve was amazing and I was able to get some extra loft on playing the puck.

The length is what's killing me.  I think my 1S is a little tall for me and the added length on this stick really threw my blocker positioning out of whack.  I may give it another skate, but its likely going to be for sale in the next week.

Just cut the stick down. You can do it w a handsaw 

3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

The paddle length is too long... I'm pretty sure that won't work ;) 

Image result for so close meme

Do you know if this grip is stock or a custom for the goalie who ordered it?

its not really tacky compared to the 1S?

to confirm this is taller than a 26” 1S?

38 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Do you know if this grip is stock or a custom for the goalie who ordered it?

its not really tacky compared to the 1S?

to confirm this is taller than a 26” 1S?

Grip I can't confirm stock... @Kirk3190?

Its not tacky but it does have texture and prevents your hand from sliding. @coopaloop1234 and @SaveByRichter35 described it perfectly as semi-tacky.

It is taller in paddle and shaft height than the 1S

48 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I ended up ordering a CR1, 25" with a Bishop (twist) curve.  The hockey shop goal had a 20% off sale today plus free shipping.

Curious to do a direct comparison between these 2

Nice!

I hope the rink you play in has protecte lighting....the Bishop gets a LOT loft.  Total upgrade to my passing and shooting.  

Gotta be little cautious with upright stick saves to shots on the ice (reduced converage), but it's totally worth it.  I just find you gotta be a bit more proactive pushing down and be aware of how the stick contacts the ice, but once you get used to it, the trade-off of the twist is worth it if you're interested in being an active puckhandler.

Archived