Differences in CCM Glove Palm Design

Aquilzz

I've always wondered why we see CCM pros with different palm designs. Stitching is laid out differently even across the same model. 

Pics:
1)Here we see Elliott with what appears to be a raised palm with no face stitching (perhaps D30 palm), which is the same or at least very similar to what retail gloves are.

image.thumb.png.2d74b04b57402ab023a0bd624e59c8e4.png

2) Here's Rinne in a palm that looks raised (similar to Elliott and retail), but there is added stitching on the palm. This is the most common implement I've noticed in the pros.
image.thumb.png.39b5afb03ee4cdb0130c057e0d6ab3fb.png

3) Price in more of a "classic" stitching, without the raised palm and with a straight stitching instead of what we see on Rinne's glove.image.thumb.png.126d6be8da5c54eed0aa60e8680f3e93.png

Now I know Price's pic has him in his old 600 (he's in a 590 now), and his new 590s have the same stitching pattern as Rinne. It seems that 600s have a different palm stitching pattern than 590s, which is a different yet interesting conversation.

But anyways, both Elliott and Rinne are in 590s with different palms. If you look at the senior level stuff, it's the same stitching as Rinne's palm. Is this evidence that many of the pros aren't using the D30 palm? The raised D30 causes the glove to close a bit differently. Is it pros using a D30 palm with a pro palm on top of it?

It's something I've always been curious about, and as a gear nerd, I don't like not knowing things ;).

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Correct. More stitches = no D30

Many pros stick with more classic options 

Makes sense. Especially considering retail non-D30 gloves carry over that stitching pattern (Retro Flex/senior level).

Wonder why a bunch don't use the palm. It does have its downsides. I'm more surprised that Rinne, a goalie that was pretty quick to change his entire strapping setup wouldn't consider it. It's weird, I see a bunch of the "weaker" NHL goalies in recent years are using the D30 palm (Subban, Talbot, Grubauer) but many of the top CCM goalies (Price, Bob, Rinne, Fleury) don't. Likely because why would they if they've been so consistent. But even the newer guys in CCM stuff (Hart coming from Vaughn, Binnington and Markstrom from Bauer) haven't demoed it, at least from my research.

6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Maybe they used it in practice and didn't like it.  Or keep it strictly in their practice gloves.

Definitely could be the case. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have at least considered switching when it first came out. 

Lots of major junior and NCAA guys are using the D30 palm which is a big teller of its effectiveness. 

5 hours ago, heyclaytay said:

Outside of the graphic, is there design difference between the EF4 and the P2?

When you consider the stock options, the breaks are different. P2 is a stock 590 and EF4 is a 600. Blocker wise is the cuff and type of finger protection. But their custom options are great and you can switch everything between lines.

Always liked that about Lefevre. 

15 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Definitely could be the case. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have at least considered switching when it first came out. 

Lots of major junior and NCAA guys are using the D30 palm which is a big teller of its effectiveness. 

How do you know they didn't consider?  Maybe they tried it and didn't like it so they stuck with what they know.

Archived