2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

From what I can tell, the colors are greatly improved. A lot of people have commented on the IG feed that they like look video game pads, haha 

I think I second the notion that trying to make the round shin rolls appear round is 1 step too far. I get why they are trying it, but I think this could look even better! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcus Hobert 

IMG_9333.PNG

Carter Hutton 

Warrior twig is new for him in 2018

IMG_9335.PNG

Freddy in 2S

His 2S have a screw in toe bridge 

IMG_9336.PNG

IMG_9337.PNG

Niklas Svedberg in stock 2S 

IMG_9349.PNG

Adam Boyle 

IMG_9358.PNG

Markstrom 

IMG_9359.PNG

Richard Bachman

IMG_9361.PNG

Anders Nillsen

set of the season nominee 

IMG_9365.PNG

Schneider 

- new skates 

- new pad strapping 

- new stick 

IMG_9368.JPG

Kuemper + Zatkoff 

IMG_9370.PNG

I'm surprised by all the changes Schneider has made this season. It's a lot for somebody who's resisted change for so long. I remember that his old skates were so outdated he kept stock of cowlings for it when he was traded from Vancouver to New Jersey.

Agree with how awesom Nilsson's Canucks gear is; the mask ties it all together.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

I'm surprised by all the changes Schneider has made this season. It's a lot for somebody who's resisted change for so long. I remember that his old skates were so outdated he kept stock of cowlings for it when he was traded from Vancouver to New Jersey.

Agree with how awesom Nilsson's Canucks gear is; the mask ties it all together.

Apparently after the abyss that was the Devils season last year, he commented it was time to revamp his gear. He's literally worn the same gear since prep school 

8 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

IMG_9336.PNG

Not to ruin a nice gear-sighting party, but that's some good positioning on a tricky angle right there. Especially when you have to play deep (eg. powerplay). Normally I would probably come out and challenge on an angle like that, but then I'd be leaving a big backdoor open, which isn't always good, especially against a good team or on the powerplay.

47 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Yea, nevermind the puck going into the net...."hey, why don't his glove and blocker match?"....LOL

Ehh, what exactly am I supposed to say about the fact that the puck is going in the net? :idk: "In these pictures, Cory is getting scored on. This is ultimately more important than any gear he's wearing. Priorities, people!"

The whole point of this thread is to post pictures of the gear we see in the NHL and talk about it ;-]

1 hour ago, avc_03 said:

Man that stock 2s graphic is disappointing. It actually looks even more bland than the 1s. I was hoping they would have expanded the color zones for it  

Speculating, but I think going with a white base and smallish graphic is heavily tied to a production capacity issue. I bet printing an entire pad with lots of color takes 2X or 3X longer. 

The speed, cost, and/or capacity might not exist yet to roll something out with the level of detail and amount of color as the new Hank set 

10 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Speculating, but I think going with a white base and smallish graphic is heavily tied to a production capacity issue. I bet printing an entire pad with lots of color takes 2X or 3X longer. 

The speed, cost, and/or capacity might not exist yet to roll something out with the level of detail and amount of color as the new Hank set 

Even another dash or two on the top of the pad would have helped

Archived