2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hey you guys just made the Cup Finals with a rare, unique looking jersey/style. So we're just gonna be changing it."

-NHL/Adidas, probably. 

Well...at least they (finally!) fixed Colorado's jerseys. Minnesota's look great too. Despite being white-based, Dubnyk's 2S set up is one of my favorites. The gold cage is a nice touch.

usa_today_10300199.0.jpg

22 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Man, their new jerseys are brutal. 

I'm in the minority in thinking that they're not so bad. Don't get me wrong, they could be much better, and I think maybe they flew a little too close to the Minimalist Sun... but I'll take that over Reebok piping any day.

I'm still furious the Devils messed with their perfect jerseys. The new ones aren't horrible, but they're certainly inferior.

Some of the biggest losers with the new Adidas jerseys are the teams with the ties on their jerseys - which are now floating somewhere on the breastplate, completely sealed off at the top, making them truly pointless.

22 hours ago, Moose75 said:

"Hey you guys just made the Cup Finals with a rare, unique looking jersey/style. So we're just gonna be changing it."

-NHL/Adidas, probably. 

Well...at least they (finally!) fixed Colorado's jerseys. Minnesota's look great too. Despite being white-based, Dubnyk's 2S set up is one of my favorites. The gold cage is a nice touch.

Dying to know if that's a 1X twig or a paint job on a foam core or woody 

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

I'm in the minority in thinking that they're not so bad. Don't get me wrong, they could be much better, and I think maybe they flew a little too close to the Minimalist Sun... but I'll take that over Reebok piping any day.

I'm still furious the Devils messed with their perfect jerseys. The new ones aren't horrible, but they're certainly inferior.

Some of the biggest losers with the new Adidas jerseys are the teams with the ties on their jerseys - which are now floating somewhere on the breastplate, completely sealed off at the top, making them truly pointless.

Haters are always the loudest. I don't mind the new ones, only thing I didn't like about the old ones was from afar they looked like they were wearing ties or something. Very distracting.

20 hours ago, gp34 said:

I dunno.  Bernie doesn't look that impressed with the new jerseys.  At first I thought I liked them but I not that keen on them in the Adidas style compared to the originals in 1995.

Wow that's one ugly looking picture I'd he wearing his CA, did they cut his left arm off poor guy he certainly doesn't look very happy!

15 hours ago, Big2 said:

Wow that's one ugly looking picture I'd he wearing his CA, did they cut his left arm off poor guy he certainly doesn't look very happy!

It also could be the fact he just realized he signed with one of the worst teams in the show lol. 

On 9/28/2017 at 10:37 AM, gp34 said:

CCM set?  Relatively boring. New Preds away jerseys?  Pretty bad.  That lid?  Holy smokes!

I think the white jerseys look way better than the yellow ones. The yellow helmet works with their home jerseys as it matches what the team wears.

22 minutes ago, Hills said:

I think the white jerseys look way better tHan the yellow ones. The yellow helmet works with their home jerseys as it matches what the team wears.

I am kinda of a Jersey nut and I don't these at all. They looked bad as a mock up, but nice and clean on player

21 hours ago, gp34 said:

I dunno.  Bernie doesn't look that impressed with the new jerseys.  At first I thought I liked them but I not that keen on them in the Adidas style compared to the originals in 1995.

He's sad after putting his head through that thing around the collar. What is that?

19 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Why are the white stripes so big? I could have lived with the shoulders being cut in an odd place, but the stripes look stupid.

I actually really this Devils mockup. Changed the logo up a bit and obviously made them black. Maybe good as a 3rd?

4P5EZQf.jpg

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Why are the white stripes so big? I could have lived with the shoulders being cut in an odd place, but the stripes look stupid.

I actually really this Devils mockup. Changed the logo up a bit and obviously made them black. Maybe good as a 3rd?

I like these - but again everyone has different tastes?

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I made a crude caps mock up once to show a caps fan buddy what their uni should look like. This is nearly identical to what I had. The only difference is that I only pant stars and no pant stripes 

15 minutes ago, Bergeron35 said:

Did someone know how to calculate the length pads you need with the nhl rules. I want to order my new equipement with the nhl standard.

Thanks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=NHL+goalie+leg+pad+standards

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-goalies-to-use-shorter-leg-pads-in-2013-14/c-680812   This is as of 2013-14 when they went from 55% to 45% of your thigh.  I don't remember if they cut it again after that.

Archived