2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryz - his Flyers gear was in their practice rink pro shop for sale forever. I know he had a ton of stuff. Cool to see it. Those black based ones were in there. Still have a lot of Mason stuff.

Bryz's kid is good goalie too. My son plays against him. First saw him in net and knew he had some contacts because he was rocking some pretty sick gear at Squirts. Sure enough I saw his dad standing there yelling some instructions to him in Russian.

Can anybody tell what neck protector Subban is wearing? Probably something good considering the shot he took a year and a half ago.

Also, is he holding onto the white CCM mask (old version that is supposedly illegal in the NHL) or will he get a replacement? I remember for a time he had a white Sportmask. Edit: From the interview that the bottom photo is from, he said he's working on a new mask now.

861767600.jpg.face68740e81f57584f0a3ba104c5b4f.jpg

Still can't tell from this close-up either. Looks unique:

Untitled.png.d457eab1f390209c0fe07887bcfa769e.png

5 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Maybe it's a custom Maltese? I see a stripe of lime green, and I've traditionally associated that with Maltese.

I watched the game. They showed a couple shots from behind in close. There's definitely lime green on the unit and I bet Maltese as well 

@TitanG - he's bounced between masks. Bauer, Sportmask, and CCM. 

Someone mentioned it before and it seems logical that his mask is old Bruins team stock. I'm speculating he changed masks last minute when he went to CCM. Might even be tied to a small equipment deal. So the mask might have been an afterthought. I'd be shocked if his vegas mask has 2 holes 

8 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I watched the game. They showed a couple shots from behind in close. There's definitely lime green on the unit and I bet Maltese as well 

Someone mentioned it before and it seems logical that his mask is old Bruins team stock. I'm speculating he changed masks last minute when he went to CCM. Might even be tied to a small equipment deal. So the mask might have been an afterthought. I'd be shocked if his vegas mask has 2 holes 

Yeah, that's what I thought. He was also in a Jerry Wright JAW mask at one point to add to your list.

Bxc3dWgIAAEAZNK.jpg.160aa48dbada06dd8f221d1ca1150bda.jpg

On 10/23/2017 at 3:32 PM, chakal said:

Now, after a bad start, let's start a pool on :
When will Carey Price goes back to an all white with slight red accent set?

As much as I am *very* much in the "the more color, the better" camp, I still preferred Price's setup last year. Very clean and classic, the right proportion of each color -- I think it went particularly nicely with a jersey that's among the league's most classic/revered.

20 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

As much as I am *very* much in the "the more color, the better" camp, I still preferred Price's setup last year. Very clean and classic, the right proportion of each color -- I think it went particularly nicely with a jersey that's among the league's most classic/revered.

I feel as though many of the modern graphics are strategically made to force people to go with a white base.

Yeah, not a fan of Price's new colours. It's not so much the colour (though, I will attest to being a staunch supporter of minimalist, white pads), it's the proportions. You need 1 dominant colour that's like 80% of the overall space. 

Carey's Eflex 3 set is more like a 50/40/10 split between the Red/White/Blue. If he wanted to go colour, he should have more closely matched the colour ratio's of the Habs jersey. 

His 2016-17 set was near perfect. Clean white front, with small accent colours....and then full colour in the back. Timeless. 

On 10/16/2017 at 6:18 AM, TheGoalNet said:

I'm a Maltese Rep.

I've asked to see if he's wearing one of our older units.

If that is one of ours, he didn't get it from us this year.

Edit with update: definitely not one of ours.

Archived