2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2017 at 6:11 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Easy now, Mindgren's set is the same colour at least.

Never forget about the yard sale Thomas was in his last few years.030914_thomas.jpg

I've hadn't seen before this and now I wish I never had. It's not even the fact that the colors are mismatched to the team, that is somewhat forgivable. The whole shebang is just like durian smell in human goalie form.

One thing about Lindgren's setup that looked really awesome  is how his paint job had the Vaughn Iceberg graphic woven into it to match the gear before he went EF3 pads/Pro V Elite glove.

19 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I was watching the game between Ottawa and Las Vegas, I dunno why but that color combination on Lagace really stood out and looked very nice.

Agreed! So far Fleury, Dansk, and Lagacé have all looked great in Las Vegas colors! I can't wait to see what Subban comes up with if they allow him to go with a dark-based set. 

19 hours ago, Moose75 said:

I've hadn't seen before this and now I wish I never had. It's not even the fact that the colors are mismatched to the team, that is somewhat forgivable. The whole shebang is just like durian smell in human goalie form.

Even worse when you see his masks up close. He used an original style Sportmask Mage but with a custom Olympia Composites (I believe) cage, then to a player's cage like in the above photo, and once in Dallas a Sportmask T3 which was eventually modified with a shaved down chin and modified certified cage. Like seriously man, why not stick with the Mage RS? I'd love to find out why one day, and also his obsession with Reebok blockers, first with the Larceny in his championship year (I read he liked the hand placement better) and then with the XLT in this photo. He did use Factory Mad too, and I'm sure they would accommodate his hand placement preference so why the XLT? Just incredible...

484968243.jpg.c8ac5d566bead8bb5f18ef36fe3e1976.jpg

19 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Agreed! So far Fleury, Dansk, and Lagacé have all looked great in Las Vegas colors! I can't wait to see what Subban comes up with if they allow him to go with a dark-based set. 

Yeah, the colours are surprisingly nice and I can't wait for Subban to get a painted mask!

19 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Lundqvist and Luongo in warmups tonight. That gold on the window on Luongo's mask really pops.

Silver and gold (mask colours as well as 2014 Olympic medal colours for each).

14 hours ago, TitanG said:

Even worse when you see his masks up close. He used an original style Sportmask Mage but with a custom Olympia Composites (I believe) cage, then to a player's cage like in the above photo, and once in Dallas a Sportmask T3 which was eventually modified with a shaved down chin and modified certified cage. Like seriously man, why not stick with the Mage RS? I'd love to find out why one day, and also his obsession with Reebok blockers, first with the Larceny in his championship year (I read he liked the hand placement better) and then with the XLT in this photo. He did use Factory Mad too, and I'm sure they would accommodate his hand placement preference so why the XLT? Just incredible...

From a few conversations had with people who knew him best- he blew through gear budgets quicker than anyone. He literally would come up with mods when most people would be sleeping. Factory Mad’s modular pad system was conceived whilst Dennis worked at Vaughn when Tim would send his pads back for a mod he came up with! I was told he was a frequent flyer when it came to sending his stuff back to Vaughn for mods and repairs. 

You forgot the Olympia Composites SK600 replica! 

I would love to see his gear garage sale for certain. 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I respect the look Thomas was attempting... but a complete fail 

I don’t think there was a look, per se. Tim literally changed his mind daily on his gear. I could hear it now: “I’m in a slump; I wonder if the pads I wore back in Florida would get me out of the slump?... I could not see out of my Mage in that one goal Jagr got against me last night; would an old SK600 give me better vision?... I wonder if the jock I used when I was in Junior hockey would bring back some old magic?”

20 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I was watching the game between Ottawa and Las Vegas, I dunno why but that color combination on Lagace really stood out and looked very nice.

THANK YOU!!!  Ugh, I love you, Ultima haha.  I cannot stand the term "colorway".  Idk why but it just irks me so badly.  It just seems like a stupid, improper made up word.  Color combination, color combo, color design, color scheme, or something similar just sounds much more proper.  

31 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

THANK YOU!!!  Ugh, I love you, Ultima haha.  I cannot stand the term "colorway".  Idk why but it just irks me so badly.  It just seems like a stupid, improper made up word.  Color combination, color combo, color design, color scheme, or something similar just sounds much more proper.  

I don’t say “colorway” either. I’m partial to “rainbow parts choices”.

Colorway sounds like the name of a mid 00's pop punk band.

Speaking of which, I really like the colorway of Bruins' prospect Jeremy Swayman's UMaine gear. Looks nice and clean with the jerseys. Curious to see his mask when it comes in. Also; the set has a matching glove!! GloveGate free!

Untitled_3.jpg

16 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Colorway sounds like the name of a mid 00's pop punk band.

Speaking of which, I really like the colorway of Bruins' prospect Jeremy Swayman's UMaine gear. Looks nice and clean with the jerseys. Curious to see his mask when it comes in. Also; the set has a matching glove!! GloveGate free!

Can never go wrong with those colors!

Also interesting to note that Lindgren's mask is somewhat unique: he has the Vaughn label on it still and he uses super thick cheek foam -- it looks to be half an inch thick! He also does the Hellebuyck strap thing because he too was once in an apparently ill-fitting Bauer 961.

850353016.jpg.3b563fb878385c8e505bc18a686384a7.jpg

850352678.jpg.5527111714e3a7cb292a281796b98834.jpg

Archived