2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sabres_Guy said:

I think that is cool how the graphic makes it look like Lundy's blocker has an outer roll. Bauer has really nailed down that printing process on the 2s and the other set (can't remember the name)

Never noticed the blocker before, it's all about the little details! This is easily one of my favorite graphic sets I've ever seen.  Brian's normally holds the standard (in my opinion) for good looking graphics on pads, Eddie Lack always has some pretty sweet pads, but i feel like Bauer is giving them a run for their money if they keep coming up with designs like this.

25 minutes ago, gp34 said:

Yes you are correct.  I went with the quick answer post lol.  Interesting to note, you can really see that old V4 logo on the inside of the blocker.  Something I didn't notice until looking over the pics again.

That's why I said I wish I had this a few days ago... I posted about this on IG. I love that Vaughn doesn't lie and change the logos, kudos to them for being clear 

Normally I wouldn't nit pick this... but it's Quick. I was amazed how many people responded to my IG post saying that he used PVE and not V4!!! 

On 11/8/2017 at 10:10 AM, Murray said:

Who had Price going back to Graf cowlings in the pool? You won.

I had Pricer pegged for going back to a white based set.  Who knows, it might be on rush order at CCM and his "injury" is to validate his absence until the new stuff comes in.  Stranger things have happened in this league.

11 hours ago, Moose75 said:

He reminds me so much of Richter at times. Kinda funny that was his childhood goalie idol too.

I wouldn't even say it's funny, per say, as I'm sure it's not a coincidence! I think a lot of goalies who really idolize/study certain goalies end up playing somewhat similar styles - or at the very least, mimic their mannerisms, etc. I mean, it is a coincidence that both Quick and Richter are small, insanely flexible goalies (though flexibility takes work, and it's possible that Quick was determined to reach Richter-levels), but there are definitely some characteristics of Quick's play that would seem like they were picked up from watching Richter and trying to play like he plays.

A few weeks ago we had a sub goalie play with my pickup group, and afterwards he asked me if I was a Brodeur fan. I asked him how he guessed (I don't wear anything Brodeur-related), and he just said my style reminded me of him. I could have kissed him. Granted, that's hardly accidental on my part, but when you watch how your favorite goalie plays intensely from a young age, I think certain movements and stylings can eek their way into how you play. Unfortunately, in my case, being really really good has not been one of them...

17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's why I said I wish I had this a few days ago... I posted about this on IG. I love that Vaughn doesn't lie and change the logos, kudos to them for being clear 

Normally I wouldn't nit pick this... but it's Quick. I was amazed how many people responded to my IG post saying that he used PVE and not V4!!! 

Funny how that happens eh?  Post something and the internet people come out to respond.  Hey, it's helps the overall community!

And now Khudobin has moved even further to the alternative padding. During his first stint with Boston (but not in between with Carolina or Anaheim), Khudobin had a layer of Unequal over the normal VN foam on the forehead. Now it looks like it's completely Maltese gel/foam, which makes me wonder if it's only a matter of time before all masks start being padded with some time of foam that is better than the old VN or Rubatex.

872681544.jpg.1aecdb0155a9ad8993522b4e38abf1fa.jpg

55 minutes ago, chakal said:

I think the graphic designer at Vaughn has a Nissan Murano and got inspired by the rear lights! LOL I was following a Murano yesterday.

THIS. I was going to post this exact thing. It's the the E-Flex 2 graphic with the 2015-ish Honda Odyssey.

Archived