2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I've read the new Brians line is a super TRADITIONAL pad.  Where as the Sub line was not.  This new line will have a foam core, with a jenpro/nylon exterior.  Graphic is comparable to the G1 Rituals.

I don't follow what you mean by SZ was not a traditional and the new pad is? 

Internals have changed in the new pad compated to SZ. Literally no carryover parts though from SZ lines 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to seeing what Lehner's gear will look like.  I found it interesting looking at his last two years sets of Ventus gear.  Two seasons ago it looked stiff and last years seemed softer near the thigh rise.  Granted Lehner is a beast and he could torque his gear no problem.

14.jpg

15.jpg

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I don't follow what you mean by SZ was not a traditional and the new pad is? 

Internals have changed in the new pad compated to SZ. Literally no carryover parts though from SZ lines 

The SZ3 was designed to be a stiffer butterfly style pad compared to the GNetik line. 

I was told the new line is more in line with the Heritage line from a Brians

On 7/31/2017 at 10:33 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Lundqvist's new pads

Now, we're seeing the TRUE possibilities with the printing!

Still not completely sold on the material, but the printed graphics look sharp and with much better colours than previous efforts.

How long until that option is available on retail pads?

24 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Now, we're seeing the TRUE possibilities with the printing!

Still not completely sold on the material, but the printed graphics look sharp and with much better colours than previous efforts.

How long until that option is available on retail pads?

According to an article this morning from In Goal Mag, 2018.  Apparently Dubnyk will also have a custom graphic this season.

http://ingoalmag.com/gear/lundqvists-eye-popping-bauer-2s-graphics-mean/

16 hours ago, cwarnar said:

The SZ3 was designed to be a stiffer butterfly style pad compared to the GNetik line. 

I was told the new line is more in line with the Heritage line from a Brians

Based on my intel, that's not really correct. However, I could see how someone with 1/2 the story would draw that conclusion. 

Way more details coming soon...

51 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Stop saying that and just spill the info. :P

The good news is that we're getting noticed and starting to gain attention from manufacturers. That means lots of new amazing content from lots of places... 

the one downside? I need to keep a tight lip on certian items until the appropriate time or dial back the rumors. 

Overall... it's a big win!!!

7 hours ago, chakal said:

I like how they put the MSG roof into the design.

Yeah I agree.  I'm intrigued to see where this tech. goes.  

I really liked the retro set Andersen wore last season for the outdoor game  

Brian's aannounced their new pad line called Optik.

There has been some hype for it on this board. So I will say Brian's is great with marketing and really hyped their last pad releases as well. So I have a bit of skepticism that they will be game changing. But I'll happily wait and see and hope I am proven wrong.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:50 PM, Inferno said:

Demko trying out some Brian's OPT1K's. 

To the best of my knowledge, stock pads will not have knee rolls. This a "retro" graphic. Felt obligated to say that so no one thinks this is supposed to look like an EF3

On 7/30/2017 at 10:27 PM, gp34 said:

I look forward to seeing what Lehner's gear will look like.  I found it interesting looking at his last two years sets of Ventus gear.  Two seasons ago it looked stiff and last years seemed softer near the thigh rise.  Granted Lehner is a beast and he could torque his gear no problem.

Did you hear he will be switching to Brian's?

39 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

To the best of my knowledge, stock pads will not have knee rolls. This a "retro" graphic. Felt obligated to say that so no one thinks this is supposed to look like an EF3

I would LOVE to see a retro set of OPT1K's in all blue like Elliott's old Bauer!

i-1.jpg

Archived