2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Fleury's are really ingenious in design compared to what most knee guards are. That extra piece he's sewn on looks like it would be better to protect the top of your thigh that gets exposed without needing overly bulky plates that clog the leg of your pants, while the flexible and less bulky areas still keep the rest of the knee from puck damage. Plus it looks like it would fit nicely in any pad's knee landing. You could even use the knee velcro at the knee again! Maybe it's just me, but that weird bulky, round plate on the mid section of common knee guards always causes me problems, even with suspenders, tape, or socks. I wonder if I could fashion a pair of these.

On 2/7/2018 at 2:41 PM, itis121 said:

1314-15-0002__88053.1515534804_1280_1280.thumb.jpg.3c75715dd40d7d63455c18bd22352c29.jpg

I literally just retired my Nike Bauer ones this week. The knee area was pretty much just the nylon as the foam was worn out. I too clear tape the bottom strap so they don't slide down. Never thought about beefing up the top part like MAF. Makes sense.

I replaced them with the Bauer Vapor knee pad. They're pretty close to the old design. The knee cap spot helps keep them in place. Also the straps are wider. I still clear tape the bottom strap anyway.

img.aspx?itm_id=29717&div_id=41&pic_type

For $40 - you can't beat them. Easier than modding up the NikeBauer classics...

That is a solid CCM set up, skates to mask. Except for that stick.

Considering the simplicity of that mask in comparison to other detailed masks like Lundvist's (or even mine), I'm very surprised to see such an idea not come up years before. I really like it.

Kinda reminds of the “shaft” that was added in the little mermaid the vcr cover. (Its on the castle) Many years ago.  You kinda have to look for it. 

Something about a dispute with the artists. I’ll never forget my 7th grade math teacher pointing it out to us. Yeah She was cool. Lol

Jerome is not related to Petr. Jerome played in the 75-76 season. Besides his EPIC beard - check out his hand modifications. Taped extra padding to back of blocker hand? Taped up catching hand? Somewhere Jerome is laughing at us weenies today and our gear "issues".

CwTA8sWW8AAbGfc.jpg

Terrible mask - renegade beard:

CwTA_HyWIAAll8X.jpg

I love the 'new team - old gear' pictures. Mind you it was a few hours after the trade and at practice. Still unique in today's world.

DWfU1C9VQAAD4SS.jpg

The gear at practice is more used than the gear he wore on the bench last night. I guess the Wings allowed him to take at least two sets of gear with him.

The plain mask appeared to be new and not the customary 'tape over'. So either the Flyers got him one fast or he had a second plain mask ready to go. 

19 hours ago, MTH said:

Jerome is not related to Petr. Jerome played in the 75-76 season. Besides his EPIC beard - check out his hand modifications. Taped extra padding to back of blocker hand? Taped up catching hand? Somewhere Jerome is laughing at us weenies today and our gear "issues".

CwTA8sWW8AAbGfc.jpg

Terrible mask - renegade beard:

CwTA_HyWIAAll8X.jpg

You forgot to mention that the beard is also a modification - better padding behind the mask. 

On 2/18/2018 at 10:15 PM, ULTIMA said:

I actually really like that CCM padded shirt but as I saw in the catalog they have been discontinued.

They aren't discontinued but not sold by "CCM"  they have a third party maker for them!

I just ordered some about a month ago.

Archived