2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I can't vouch for when this picture was taken... but I was looking up my team's schedule for an upcoming USA Hockey Labatt's Adult Classic and found Arturs Irbe is sporting some new gear on his men's league team!!!

image.png.c56b0dafefbd142c13d49f46834f1233.png

No way. I don't want to see this...

What model of mask is Mason in? It's no longer the original 961 (can tell from the ear vents), but it seems like a mix of the traditional rubatex (near the chin cup, cream instead of dark grey in the XPM) with the new XPM XRD foam as the padding (hexagonal pattern and perforated dark grey foams). Bauer's pro mask department always seems to pull something off that surprises me, like still giving some goalies the original 961 (Mason up until this mask, Niemi, etc.) while most have switched to the XPM. There also seem to be several different pro molds for the XPM, with different ear hole placement (like this mask... why so high up?) Also interesting to note that Mason likes a flat grey for his cage, like a player cage, rather than the usual polished or glossy coloured cage:

Untitled.png.a382adeef4b3ff7f45770dff5ec37410.png

8 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Those are dope man. Bauer really should have used Dubnyk and Markstrom graphics as stock. Those are the best two graphics aside from the Optik this year. I doubt it, but maybe these are the 2X?

I'm gonna go 1X skinned as 2S

12 minutes ago, Hills said:

If Bauer offered the Dubnyk graphic I probably would wait for 2S gear to come out.

I believe @Mroy31 ‘s stated timeline of fall for custom graphics is probably pretty accurate. 

So if that comes online in September, maybe late October or early November for custome pad in hand? 

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

I believe @Mroy31 ‘s stated timeline of fall for custom graphics is probably pretty accurate. 

So if that comes online in September, maybe late October or early November for custome pad in hand? 

From my experience, ordering Bauer in May was a mid November delivery date. Ordering in September means sometime in 2019...

1 minute ago, Hills said:

From my experience, ordering Bauer in May was a mid November delivery date. Ordering in September means sometime in 2019...

Valid concern and you have first hand experience with it! (Unfortunately)

There could be delivery issues related to current challenges or with bringing the new technology to mass production. I was making a timeline off quoted delivery. 

I sort of look at the Bauer stuff right now like getting iPhone 1? May have been the most High tech phone to date, but it was missing some basic features, like pic messaging 

by the 2nd version, it was fully online and people were patient. Hopefully Bauer can get really knock it out of the park with 2S 

Are people seeing durability issues with 1X?

8 hours ago, Big2 said:

Very nice agree with the comments above - this should have been their std design!

Maybe next year?

Maybe something similar... but, based on traditional release cycles, I doubt Bauer would release it this early. We shouldn’t see it until camp next fall 

17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Better look at Markstrom 

@thetendy29 on instagram 

76BB4CF0-0F22-429F-B8FF-9103E4D720AE.jpeg

Based on this, these are definitely 1x pads, custom graphics obviously, with the Bauer logo in a similar position as the 2s. The blocker binding and logo indicate 1x blocker. Based on the lacing, it looks like that's a 2s glove.

10 hours ago, Hills said:

I can't remember where I was supposed to put this... but it sort of fits here.

Good comparison video... even better metallic gold shorts (or maybe track pants.) 

My comparison would be to retail V5s and the blocks on the inner thigh of those alone are worth the change to 13A. I can close my 5 hols so much easier now. They were like doorstops. Are the 12A inner thigh blocks as clunky? Or to maybe phrase it relative to 13A... does the lack of 13A inner thigh blocks change your ability to close the 5 hole compared to 12A?

29 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Good comparison video... even better metallic gold shorts (or maybe track pants.) 

My comparison would be to retail V5s and the blocks on the inner thigh of those alone are worth the change to 13A. I can close my 5 hols so much easier now. They were like doorstops. Are the 12A inner thigh blocks as clunky? Or to maybe phrase it relative to 13A... does the lack of 13A inner thigh blocks change your ability to close the 5 hole compared to 12A?

The 12A blocks are certainly bigger than the 13A, but I never considered them clunky. I do find that retail pants seem to stick out more in that area compared to being more flush on the 12A. At least that is how I saw it when looking at pants in the store without the 12A there for direct comparison.

I haven't used the 13A as much as the 12A yet, but I haven't noticed more 5 hole goals... in the summer I'll be diving into the 13A more though and will be able to compare better.

Archived