2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Howard testing a 2S set in practice 

FD6176A2-26A6-4387-BE55-2C446DEB4755.thumb.jpeg.8acd159335a0ebef7e820d609aa10084.jpeg

There are basically 2 teams the single colour works well for in the NHL, Wings and Leafs. I guess Tampa too but seriously that graphic is worse than the 1S.

9 hours ago, MTH said:

Isn't there another commercial with Marty in it running? The McD one is pretty rad. Who's the dude on the horse?

There's a Budget Rent a Car ad as well as one where it's clearly not him making any saves, either CGI or another tender with the footage sped up and his head superimposed. Wearing Vaughn's as well.

Funny, Marty finished out his NHL career in St. Louis with a CCM mask. But he's back in a Protechsport for this one. 

I guess NHL goalies in Protechsports all had to switch to the CCM version... I think I knew that, once. 

Looks like he went for the hidden harness option for the backplate. He never went with that when he had his old Protechsports, though I don't know if Michel offered it then. Who knows, I doubt he had much (if any) involvement in acquiring the mask for this shoot. 

5 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Spencer Martin's Louis Vuitton pads pimpin' San Antonio pads. Good look at the strapping and little details.

Pictures are from John Snyder Jr's SmugMug.

03232018_SAT_IMG0514.jpg

03232018_SAT_IMG0517.jpg

Holly cow how many straps does he have ?

his skates sure look very nice especially with the black blade holder, would these be custom are does Bauer offer this as an option on the store sold sets?

42 minutes ago, Big2 said:

his skates sure look very nice especially with the black blade holder, would these be custom are does Bauer offer this as an option on the store sold sets?

I think some are from his knee guards and some from a knee brace

3 hours ago, Big2 said:

His holder looks like it was just the standard white holder painted black.

15 hours ago, Moose75 said:

I think some are from his knee guards and some from a knee brace

Yeah... wonder what that Don Joy is helping hold together yet still allow him to have the mobility necessary. Only ones I ever had were carbon fiber Lateral and Medial rails... no way I could play goalie in them.

Do they not make shorter CRS straps though? Looks like Spencer has them maxed.

7 hours ago, Big2 said:

Well Bauer should take a look at this guys skates - they look awesome.  I expect a lot of you to say that other Mfg's have black skates out there, but this package just looks right!

like red on a Ferrari

They make red Ferraris'?!?!?!

Whats next, a yellow Lamborghini?   CHAOS!

Archived