2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I was good with staying in an all white mask for the first time in forever... until i saw that beautiful piece or work. Hard to believe it was painted even when I watch the video on Sylabrush IG page. May inquire w/ SkinFX if they could work out a similar design for me.

1 hour ago, Big2 said:

With all do respect to this guy, I missed the news report earlier today can someone explain how he made it to the ice. The starter and back up goalie where injured at the same time??

Starter was hurt in the pregame warmup or the afternoon skate, I think.  The backup left the game in the 3rd with cramping.

https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-emergency-goalie-scott-foster-has-ton-of-fun/c-297477604?tid=277548856

Anton Forsberg was expected to start against the Jets but sustained a lower-body injury before the game. Delia left with cramps 5:59 into the third period and Foster hurriedly prepared and took a quick warmup. 

1 hour ago, Big2 said:

Absolutely amazing!

Wonder how much that job cost?

Far more than the mask does... and likely far more than I would care to budget. I'm too scared to reach out to Sylabrush and even waste her time asking. If I were McNiven... and the proceeds from the sale of the mask weren't going to charity... it's a mantle piece for sure.

Incredible, just saw the sports news!

FYI - NHL teams are supposed to have, replacement goalies ( 1  ++ ) for every game that would be brought into a game like Foster did. This for any team on the ice!

14 minutes no goals - awesome outing,  he played college level so obviously a pretty good goalie.

Finally the poor backup goalie for Chicago had cramps - dehydrated not a good first impression as they brought off the ice the Hawks coach looked at him with a startled look!

By the way - good looking mask Foster!

is it time for 2017-2018 superlatives yet?

I present the WORST pro set up (that I have seen) of 2017-2018. Granted, it's an AHL-er, but still.

5ac11a97a07a5_40436248464_f4512b48a3_o(1).thumb.jpg.580a0f34c0017f37dc7e57e94e203210.jpg

• Full right*
  • Wearing #2**
  • Generic color way on pads
  • Mismatching brands for gloves, pads, and stick
  • Mismatching color ways on glove and blocker
  • Mismatching binding on glove and blocker
  • Hideous paint job
  • Two different colors on the cage
  • I would give him another demerit for that jersey, but it's not of his own volition. 

* = I'm a total side-ist.

** = I know #2 is a Czech staple, but it doesn't make it any less ugly on a goalie's jersey.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, Pauly35or00 said:

There's a Budget Rent a Car ad as well as one where it's clearly not him making any saves, either CGI or another tender with the footage sped up and his head superimposed. Wearing Vaughn's as well.

Lol, it literally says Enterprise rent a car in the description.  Sorry.  Being petty lol.  Anyways, I thought it was still him stopping those shots. :eyeroll::giggle:

1 hour ago, Moose75 said:

I present the WORST pro set up (that I have seen) of 2017-2018. Granted, it's an AHL-er, but still.

5ac11a97a07a5_40436248464_f4512b48a3_o(1).thumb.jpg.580a0f34c0017f37dc7e57e94e203210.jpg

• Full right*
  • Wearing #2**
  • Hideous paint job
  • I would give him another demerit for that jersey, but it's not of his own volition. 

** = I know #2 is a Czech staple, but it doesn't make it any less ugly on a goalie's jersey.

Well done. I constantly kick around doing stuff like this on IG and whimp out 

15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Well done. I constantly kick around doing stuff like this on IG and whimp out 

I usually cut guys a break when they're in juniors, or men's league or something, but when you have access to equipment like a pro does there is no excuse for this level of hodgepodgery. Well...unless you're Tim Thomas, but he had brutal style anyways.

4 hours ago, Moose75 said:

• Full right*
  • Wearing #2**
  • Hideous paint job

I really like how that mask+cage set-up looks with they jersey. Also always a fan of strange numbers on a goalie jersey.

Archived