2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things that makes hockey pretty neat is the timeless superstitions in the NHL.

The trophies alone are pretty amazing. I do wish they'd return the west to the Campbell Conference and the East to Wales.

Just now, MTH said:

One of the things that makes hockey pretty neat is the timeless superstitions in the NHL.

The trophies alone are pretty amazing. I do wish they'd return the west to the Campbell Conference and the East to Wales.

I don’t disagree with that, either about superstitions. 

And yes- return all of the old names, including Norris and Patrick.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

As they should.  That superstition is stupid.

Agreed. They've been defying people's expectations and beating the odds all season. Why stop now?

I like some superstitions... they can be fun and interesting. But pretending that whether they win the Stanley Cup or not depends on whether or not they touched a trophy is beyond silly, and it looks juvenile. Nobody on the losing team is ever going to sit at the podium and say "We gave it our all, and we were the better team out there... but our fucking captain picked up the trophy, so we lost!" So why pretend like it's a factor?

3 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Agreed. They've been defying people's expectations and beating the odds all season. Why stop now?

I like some superstitions... they can be fun and interesting. But pretending that whether they win the Stanley Cup or not depends on whether or not they touched a trophy is beyond silly, and it looks juvenile. Nobody on the losing team is ever going to sit at the podium and say "We gave it our all, and we were the better team out there... but our fucking captain picked up the trophy, so we lost!" So why pretend like it's a factor?

Exactly.  

• 3 weeks later...

Holtby mask with a little Latin on it. When I was in HS, we could hand in anything we found outside class that used latin for extra credit. This would have been something I'd handed in.

Capitals_Penguins_Hockey_90880.jpg-d8276

10 minutes ago, MTH said:

Holtby's cage was really dented up last night. Not sure if it's been that way and he didn't want to change (worked) or it was from shots last night.

The left eye was pretty pushed in. Seeing he made a face save in Game 4. May be from that. NBC kept zooming in during the broadcast last night. I didn't get a screen grab. But you can kinda see it above.

pulled this from @TheGoalNet 's Instagram.

Untitled.thumb.png.63f150e02fc5b27f53dc10f53aee2d3d.png

Archived