2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

9 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Carbon can stiffen the layup. I only like a layer or two, myself. And the amount of foam probably helps more with acoustics than anything. 

Edit: you can hide how much is actually in a layup when autoclaving a part. You can only get so much excess epoxy when using vacuum. Again- I think Airxess uses pre-preg, which can lay up much thinner than a traditional wet layup. 

Good to hear that, though like Big2 mentioned I would think with the lack of big vents and so much foam it would probably get pretty hot. They definitely are a unique mask shape, but personally my favourite thing about Airxess is their mask painting art, not the masks themselves.

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

As far as I know, Anderson switched because Dillon retired from building masks...again.

Ah ok that's what I heard first, but then I think I also heard it might've been the rules. Either way it sucks to have fewer mask makers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TitanG said:

Good to hear that, though like Big2 mentioned I would think with the lack of big vents and so much foam it would probably get pretty hot. They definitely are a unique mask shape, but personally my favourite thing about Airxess is their mask painting art, not the masks themselves.

Ah ok that's what I heard first, but then I think I also heard it might've been the rules. Either way it sucks to have fewer mask makers.

I don't know how I would like a less ventilated masque, myself.  Those look to have little ventilation holes; DEFINITELY something I could not live with!

Guys I am taking a stab at what these pads can offer - Brians already has stiff pads/semi stiff pads and honestly not sure what their retro pads are like but technically they should be their softest pad offering?

So here's my guess - Stiff/very light/TGN referenced a new glove design/ and finally binding less man the next 12 weeks are gonna be long:headbang:

I found the article I read that says why Anderson switched from Dillon to Pro's Choice. Here's an excerpt:

"'The NHL passed a rule saying every goalie mask has to be certified,' said Anderson. 'I had to change companies, try different companies that were tested and certified, to see if I could make the adjustment. If I couldn't make the adjustment, then I was going to see if I could get the old mask certified.'"

So maybe Dillon would've still made his masks but there appears to be an official certification process. As I've mentioned before, I'd love to learn what that process is.

I'm interested to see what Dubnyk is going to wear.  The Bauer goalies all seem to have little details that are not stock.  Andersen appears to be the only one.  I just found this pic from last year while he was wearing his 1S but the strapping appears to be 1X.  Could just be random.  But interesting none the less.

16.jpg

21 hours ago, gp34 said:

I'm interested to see what Dubnyk is going to wear.  The Bauer goalies all seem to have little details that are not stock.  Andersen appears to be the only one.  I just found this pic from last year while he was wearing his 1S but the strapping appears to be 1X.  Could just be random.  But interesting none the less.

You're correct. They'res very few options on OD1N, but it's on Bauer's road map to eventually offer custom. 

Duby has a custom graphic this year too 

Duby does have the biggest customization. It's a 1S with 1X strapping. From what I could tell in store, it appears to have an internal break above the knee too.

The only main option I see guys with 1S blocker and 1S graphic 

IMG_8285.PNG

IMG_8286.JPG

IMG_8287.PNG

IMG_8288.PNG

IMG_8289.PNG

IMG_8290.PNG

IMG_8291.PNG

On 8/12/2017 at 11:45 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Best look yet at Price testing 1X 

According to GGN, who usually knows his stuff, Brian's made Price some test gear at Price's request

I'm sure I read somewhere that Brians had made him a set to test, but that it was at least $400k per year to talk to the Price camp in terms of an actual endorsement which made it unfeasible for anyone other than CCM & Bauer

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Brians had made him a set to test, but that it was at least $400k per year to talk to the Price camp in terms of an actual endorsement which made it unfeasible for anyone other than CCM & Bauer

Brian's messaged me on IG and said they did  NOT make pads for Price. Hopefully Joz is able to comment and explain the rumor, but I get it if he can't comment 

Archived