2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

21 hours ago, itis121 said:

Any insight if Markstroms pads are flat faced or have the 1X rolls on them? 

I've been wondering this myself with some of the custom 1X graphics.  Have definitely seen several (including these from what I have seen so far) with a completely flat face.

Does removing those rolls change the internal pad structure at all, or were they always purely cosmetic?

The Team Canada graphic at The Goalie Crease has the rolls, but I assume it would at the very least be easier to print on the flat face.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hills said:

The 12A blocks are certainly bigger than the 13A, but I never considered them clunky. I do find that retail pants seem to stick out more in that area compared to being more flush on the 12A. At least that is how I saw it when looking at pants in the store without the 12A there for direct comparison.

I haven't used the 13A as much as the 12A yet, but I haven't noticed more 5 hole goals... in the summer I'll be diving into the 13A more though and will be able to compare better.

Good deal... i planned on doing the same to compare to my V5s. Personally I don't give up 5 hole goals :rofl:... but I will say not having the the large blocks in my retail V5s in the new 13As really help  me close things up better. Tighter closure now than before and no added stress due to the blocks being in the way like they were before. If you don't mind... throw that video up on the thread below too... 

Bernier is testing a Bauer bucket

54C237D0-F8F9-477A-B8DD-DA139B347CB4.jpeg.e5009985aeb482c8432b253c4fe9b054.jpeg

Good look at Adin Hill’s new set. Was in Brian’s last season and start this one. This is his second set of P2s. He also wore Bauer in Junior - Love the solid colored pads crew and black tape bandits! 

A5CAB64F-3E9D-41EB-B6BE-19C6A5F2D3BE.jpeg

FC19EF10-EC8A-4EF2-AD9E-A63BA77593BB.jpeg

11 minutes ago, oncogene said:

Are there more NHL goalies going back to solid colored pads instead of the mostly white lately, or just that we post these pics more often?

White based gear is still wildly popular. But, there has been a definite shift away from all white, or mostly white gear. Thankfully.

Also with the Brian's surge and now Bauer's custom printing, we're seeing more colour and designs pop up.

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

He also wore Bauer in Junior 

And looked like one of the robot-aliens in The Fifth Element.

Fun fact: I saw his first ever pro game in Hartford. Think he gave up like 6 out of 20-something - wasn't too pretty. Amazing to see how far he's come since.

hill.jpg

fifth-element-robots.png

6 hours ago, Moose75 said:

And looked like one of the robot-aliens in The Fifth Element.

Fun fact: I saw his first ever pro game in Hartford. Think he gave up like 6 out of 20-something - wasn't too pretty. Amazing to see how far he's come since.

hill.jpg

fifth-element-robots.png

He's always kind of had that hunch. Guy played great when he was a Winterhawk.

13 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Is it me or is that a lot slack in a toe tie? 

That actually looks kind of like a toe hook with an extension to me. 

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

No boot strap will do that too. 

Heh reminds me of the guys who say "I use lace toe ties and have no problems!" Meanwhile, they have so much slack in them that they're literally doing nothing. So yeah, no problems... 

8 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

That actually looks kind of like a toe hook with an extension to me. 

Heh reminds me of the guys who say "I use lace toe ties and have no problems!" Meanwhile, they have so much slack in them that they're literally doing nothing. So yeah, no problems... 

As someone that's used about two inches of slack on toe-ties for around 16 years, they don't do nothing, but they definitely function differently.

I did it initially as a work around for pads clearly not made to rotate back in that era, then in butterfly era pads so that my knees wouldn't be as heavily torqued. My catch was that I did, and still do, the rest of the pads up rather tight. The function of toe-ties for me has always been to help hold the pad to my foot during leg extensions while not hindering my leg from rotating in tandem with a relatively tight (compared to what I've noticed by modern standards) boot strap. I haven't migrated to any of these elastic straps as they feel strange to me or, in the case of my g3netiks, are too restrictive of elastic.

Archived