1S, NXG, or True 6.0 Stick?

Snowman30

26 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Finally saw a CR1 today! I think it’s definitely in the running with CCM, True, etc as the second best stick on the market. Need to use it on the ice to see how the vibration dampening works. 

It doesn't ;) It's still just as bad as every other composite. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't used a CR1, but I use a CR2. Right before that, I used a Swagger, but was convinced to try a composite. I was definitely skeptical. I was coming back after a very long lay off, and composite goalie sticks were not a thing last time I played.

I was shocked at how light it was. It was super easy to handle, making my blocker side quicker, and I've had no issues with vibration. I play 2-3 times a week, and haven't used another stick since June 2017. It looks pretty battered now, but performs the way it did when I got it. Haven't had the need to use my back up CR2 once. I never had a stick last near this long in my younger days. I'm very happy with it, and am sold on composites.

All that being said, it's the only composite I've used on the ice. I didn't like the feel of CCM or Bauer, so maybe I am getting vibrations, and ignorance is bliss? Either way, I like the stick, and am greatly enjoying being back on the ice again.

12 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

It doesn't ;) It's still just as bad as every other composite. 

I like composites, so that’s not completely a bad thing :chug:

Also, with all due respect, you are one of the few negative comments I’ve heard about that stick. 

I think your bigger issue is a composite in general. CR1 could still be a best of breed, but it might not be the right stick to convert you. 

You should look at 2S (NOT pro) if you want to give it another whirl 

In Bauer land, many pro guys stick with NXG or R6000 because they are softer than 1S or 2S Pro. Absorbs the puck a bit more like a foam core and the 2S will carry on that NXG legacy 

15 hours ago, MTH said:

What composite stick isn't made in China?

By composite I mean the composite sticks that don't contain any wood materials - because the term "composite" is used for anything made up of various parts (foam +wood) or even several wood parts glued together.

The other goalie on my team has a full-composite Busch stick, and it's got "Made in Switzerland" printed on the shaft

https://www.busch-hockey.com/index.php/en/busch-shop/sticks/hpc-goalie-detail

6 hours ago, estogoalie said:

I'm looking to try out a composite stick....Is there a big difference in weight/performance/durability between Warrior's CR1 ($200), CR2 ($150) and CR3 ($100)?

I have CR3... feels heavier than my previous Passau Foam cores.  It’s my back up stick as my 1S is the best stick I’ve used.  Spend the extra cash and go CR1.  The  Mrazek wedge curve is unreal too

12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Weight / Blanace / Feel will be the biggest thing that changes between models. 

Theoretically, some of the lower price point sticks could be more durable because they are of a heavier construction 

I have found the lower end sticks are a HELL of a lot more durable due to the amount of fibreglass in them. You can set one on fire and have a nice little torch!

The sweet spot is one with a good core of carbon with some durability enhancing fibreglass layers around it, The low end will be mostly, if not ENTIRELY made of fibreglass, which is heavy and not that durable.

And little trivia question for the rest of you: why is it that pro twigs suddenly SNAP when a retail one doesn’t? Hint: I actually gave away the answer...

• 5 months later...

Archived