Passau Sliding Polish

TheGoalNet

44 minutes ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

I found the first few uses I had to re-apply more often.  I think it takes a few applications for a "build up" to occur and then you can scale back on how often you apply.  I have played most of the summer on one application and it's just starting to lose slipperiness.

That makes a ton of sense, good insight 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

Not sure.  It would help it dry faster for sure. :)

SavebyRichter.....I got the joke.  However, ice conditions here vary quite a bit, and sometimes the ice isn't conducive to sliding, hence the polish.  Plus it helps us grumpy old guys stay with the pace of the game. :)

wahh  :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...

I've used the polish a couple more times. It absolutely improved the performance of the stock materials. I am shocked this stuff is not more popular or well known. 

Works with existing gear - CHECK

Cheap - CHECK

Can be done at home by anyone - CHECK

Will improve your slides - CHECK 

Easy to apply - CHECK

• 5 months later...

I stumbled across this thread researching this stuff.  I may have to give it a try.  I've tried SnoSeal, mink oil and other products.  So far the best I've found was Meguire's Hot Shine tire gel.  It gives tons of extra slide, only has to be applied every 3-5 skates, but leaves residue all over.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Try doing leg exercises to build your leg strength.  I would flip the fuck out if I found that my gear was covered in shit because someone doesn't have the strength to push 6 feet on ice and resorted to putting some kind of shit on their pads.

Why would your gear be covered in something that someone else is using? it's akin to waxing a snowboard. The board will go down the slopes without it, but it works better with.

3 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Why would your gear be covered in something that someone else is using? it's akin to waxing a snowboard. The board will go down the slopes without it, but it works better with.

What this guy said below

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

I stumbled across this thread researching this stuff.  I may have to give it a try.  I've tried SnoSeal, mink oil and other products.  So far the best I've found was Meguire's Hot Shine tire gel.  It gives tons of extra slide, only has to be applied every 3-5 skates, but leaves residue all over.

Archived