Got my VH skates!!!

bunnyman666

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

It literally took 45 minutes to get my skates sharpened last time. If I would have had my tool to facilitate removal, about 15-20 minutes.

Oh my guy would kill me.  He'd probably never sharpen mine again.  He's like the fucking soup nazi from Seinfeld.  I call him the skate nazi, never to his face of course.  

15 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh my guy would kill me.  He'd probably never sharpen mine again.  He's like the fucking soup nazi from Seinfeld.  I call him the skate nazi, never to his face of course.  

The worst part is that nobody warned me of this. One of a few reasons why I say the customer service is meh.

In a way- you couldn't blame him for sure; however- if you did not know this before hand, this could be terrible!

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Going for sharpening number two today and this time- I brought my tool. It is a special socket that is branded Step...

What happens if you loose the tool or it breaks - replacement cost?  Could you make a replacement from some sort of standard socket?

On 3/7/2017 at 2:39 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

You know I just realized it doesn't look like these blades are very tall. Not like Bauer Step blades at least. I get that they're Step so the quality is better so they'll last longer but they don't look like they give much of a boost in height.

It's the holder that gives the height.

On 3/7/2017 at 2:39 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

You know I just realized it doesn't look like these blades are very tall. Not like Bauer Step blades at least. I get that they're Step so the quality is better so they'll last longer but they don't look like they give much of a boost in height.

And I am going to add to that thought (since I can't edit now): when my pix were up, you could see how much taller these holders with steel are compared to Vaughn cowlings with Step Extreme. 

Here are the comparison pix:

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

But that's one of the things I love about the Step steel, it'll last longer since there is more of it.  

That's why I am a teeny bit on the fence about this holder/runner combo. I love the overall height, but am unsure of the steel height itself. 

A new problem is arising from these skates- the toe cap has a sharp, raised ridge. This was rubbing on the loops that protect the lacing cord, which is one of Sara's smart designs on the pads she built me. Just three games and the coating on the Jenpro is OFF. Being that VH is pretty shoddy about answering questions on whether or not I can shave that ridge off, I will err on the side of caution and put tape on top of that ridge.

Keep in mind that ridge on the toe of the boot if you're going cowling-free.

Pics to come...

Archived