Got my VH skates!!!

bunnyman666

On 3/13/2017 at 9:18 AM, bunnyman666 said:

What about tracing WITH the toe warmers on and pix with the toe warmers on? That way, they could possibly include those in the fit.

Just a thought.

I'm still waiting to try on some Reebok 44k and 50k when stores get their stock filled just to decide which direction I'm going to go. I'm going to be in the Winnipeg area a few times this spring and summer for fishing anyway, so if VH is still a consideration I have every intention of going to their facility to try and get my hands on some skates and talk to them directly. Based on some of chatter about getting a response via email being tough and after sale service being sub-par I think this is the safest way. It might sound silly, but I really can't be without toe warmers.

I need to do some soul searching in the meantime anyway, I've been contemplating hanging up the skates. If I decide I am only going to play a few more years or something I may just suffer through the pain with my Reeboks or another new low end skate.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Nova said:

I'm still waiting to try on some Reebok 44k and 50k when stores get their stock filled just to decide which direction I'm going to go. I'm going to be in the Winnipeg area a few times this spring and summer for fishing anyway, so if VH is still a consideration I have every intention of going to their facility to try and get my hands on some skates and talk to them directly. Based on some of chatter about getting a response via email being tough and after sale service being sub-par I think this is the safest way. It might sound silly, but I really can't be without toe warmers.

I need to do some soul searching in the meantime anyway, I've been contemplating hanging up the skates. If I decide I am only going to play a few more years or something I may just suffer through the pain with my Reeboks or another new low end skate.

That would probably be best. The skate is what has made up for the lack of customer service before and after the sale; I just hope it holds up.

The skates still amaze me, even if the toe cap tears the fack out of my pads. I had about five minutes of my feet hurting yesterday, but I have SEVERE foot problems. The foot pain was temporary, and probably had a LOT to do with the fact I was doing hair from 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. the day before. In previous skates, this would have hobbled me the rest of the session. 

I may have figured out what is tearing up bits and bobs on my pads:

1) The sharp edge that I did smooth off

2) My elastic toe ties that I use are too tight, possibly.

There is still rubbing, though not quite as much. I am just going to use Gorilla duct tape as a rub strip. I don't like the idea of tape, but I like wearing through the assembly cord protectors (and thusly, the cord) even less.

22 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Despite some of the not so complimentary things I have said, the skate performs well and fits like a dream!

I ended up being in Canada for work so I could pay for them in CAD, even with your (valid) comments, I'm still excited.  I'm really just pumped for the fit.  I've got such an weird shaped foot that as long as I can get a boot that fits well, I can make the rest work.  I am worried about the forward pitch of the holder, but the guy who did the fit said that the fit of the boot should help the skate feel balanced.

11 hours ago, sebastiancp1 said:

I ended up being in Canada for work so I could pay for them in CAD, even with your (valid) comments, I'm still excited.  I'm really just pumped for the fit.  I've got such an weird shaped foot that as long as I can get a boot that fits well, I can make the rest work.  I am worried about the forward pitch of the holder, but the guy who did the fit said that the fit of the boot should help the skate feel balanced.

Like I have said- you will LOVE them IF your feet have ANY issues!

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Done with cowling free! I took a shot on the ball of my foot! Bloody fackin hell!!!!!

Bunnyman - not trying to make any fun regarding your issue but can you tell me what you mean by "the ball of my foot"? I just want to visualize if a cowling actually covers that part or not? 

7 hours ago, Big2 said:

Bunnyman - not trying to make any fun regarding your issue but can you tell me what you mean by "the ball of my foot"? I just want to visualize if a cowling actually covers that part or not? 

I did not take it that way.

Graf cowling would not cover where I was hit. Reebok may. I am going to check. 

The ball is behind my big toe.

image.jpg

Archived