2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their web site has a short promotional as well - this is going to be a long wait till the launch>:(

Glad to see their not coming out with printed pads - per Bauer if I am not mistaken Brians had tinkered with this technology a couple of years ago!

TGN are you allowed to start a post asking what we think this new pad will be bringing to the table??

4 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Their web site has a short promotional as well - this is going to be a long wait till the launch>:(

Glad to see their not coming out with printed pads - per Bauer if I am not mistaken Brians had tinkered with this technology a couple of years ago!

TGN are you allowed to start a post asking what we think this new pad will be bringing to the table??

Brian's has the printed capability in house. I cannot speak to the scale or size they could accommodate a fully printed pad. They currently use it for fine details within a larger cut and sew graphic. For example. they could make a bird on someone pad's and print the eyes and feather details that would be too small to make from Jenpro. 

I am in the minority, I know, but I cannot wait until all graphics are printed. It gives the pads such a clean and modern look. 

The gloves have a brand new strapping system. It's a technology that has been applied to other sports, but no one is doing it in hockey yet. 

The glove has a new shape and break. 

The pads have a new landing area and binding-less design in that area. 

Literally, pretty much every detail is new. Those are some of the highlights its probably okay to share. 

What is the release date, did I miss that in the video? 

16 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I know there was some information put out on these but now I cannot find the thread.  Its not here nor the Brian's thread.  How are these supposed to play?  More on the stiff side or more on the flexible side?

They are stiff, yet flexible; soft, yet firm. Not too little, not too big- they are just right ?

19 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I know there was some information put out on these but now I cannot find the thread.  Its not here nor the Brian's thread.  How are these supposed to play?  More on the stiff side or more on the flexible side?

I bet they'll be like the 1X and R/GT side. Stiffer, but with some flex.

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I bet they'll be like the 1X and R/GT side. Stiffer, but with some flex.

IMO, Vapor really doesn't have much flex. I think R/GT is more flexible by a long shot

Like with anything Brian's, if you are not happy with the stock stiffness profile, you can order it more flexible or with extra breaks 

9 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've never felt either of those.  Dammit I hate having no decent hockey stores nearby.

They look like they will be stiff as wood - saw a video of a Eddie Lack in Europe demoing the latest version of these pads, also being so thin I can't see anything else but these being very stiff.

they also look like they slide very well - check the site goalie gear nerd and scroll until you find the video.

@Brians_Joz If one is putting in an order for a custom setup from Brians now, would it be possible to get an Opt1k set or at least some of the new features (thinner profile, material, etc)?

Since it is around a 8 week waiting period that almost brings the finished order to the end november if the order is placed now, is it possible?

3 hours ago, Iso said:

If one is putting in an order for a custom setup from Brians now, would it be possible to get an Opt1k set or at least some of the new features (thinner profile, material, etc)?

Since it is around a 8 week waiting period that almost brings the finished order to the end november if the order is placed now, is it possible?

Tag @Brians_Joz in these posts to ensure he sees them 

Archived