2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, Doc1200 said:

Good to know, thanks. I like a big thigh rise and a stiff pad so I’m going FLY with a stiff  boot but maybe even 35+1.5 will do. Decisions, decisions!

35 will have the same knee placement, just larger thigh rise.
for example, 34+2 and 35+1 are identical for Brians 

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 2.16.00 AM.png

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you are ordering custom pads tell them ur measurements : skate size , floor or ankle to mid knee, and desired thighrise length from mid knee up. 

That is  how u order when it is custom not trying to figure it out by stock sizing.  

you dont goto a tailor and tell them u want a large shirt brand with 2" off the cuff and 3" added to the neck and shorten the body length by 4" when its custom.

21 hours ago, Doc1200 said:

Hey guys, trying to figure sizing on the new Optiks.  6'2 and ATK is 18.5, I currently wear 37+1 Bauer NXG.  I was think of dropping to 36 with a 1.5 thigh on my Optiks. Thoughts?

i'm 17.5 and i feel great in 35+ 1.5 for me ! my knee is perfect 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2018 at 7:05 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Good look at Demko using a stock blocker. I know a lot of people thought the pad was weird?

I was definitely one the more vocal ones with that opinion when the line was new.

It still looks weird, especially when there isn't a hand in the blocker. The overall look makes the pad look super encumbering.

I've worn the thing a few times, and that's definitely not the case.

On 2018-03-30 at 10:05 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Good look at Demko using a stock blocker. I know a lot of people thought the pad was weird? 

ACB1DB8E-A1C3-41FD-B53E-545D39C1221B.jpeg

F73094EF-B622-4F3E-A6EE-95DF2E4D9CF3.jpeg

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I was definitely one the more vocal ones with that opinion when the line was new.

It still looks weird, especially when there isn't a hand in the blocker. The overall look makes the pad look super encumbering.

I never understood the hate for the air pillow. Lefevre blockers have a similar style air pillow. Maybe the design of the cuff makes it look different, but it feels similar when you try both on. Plus, it's easy to remove on the Optik whereas it is stitched in on the CCMs. 

IMG_2017.thumb.JPG.7c547f9aa6f59eb1ab517d8747009436.JPG

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You were not the only one. When I did my IG live video, I got so many questions about it. 

30 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

I never understood the hate for the air pillow. Lefevre blockers have a similar style air pillow. Maybe the design of the cuff makes it look different, but it feels similar when you try both on. Plus, it's easy to remove on the Optik whereas it is stitched in on the CCMs. 

Never have been a huge fan from CCM/RBK blockers anyways, so that's my bias I guess. Maybe also it had been a while since I'd seen the underside of a CCM blocker in a picture that made the Optik one at the time stand out to me. Either way, I've worn the glove, it's a non issue, just like CCM.

30 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

You were not the only one. When I did my IG live video, I got so many questions about it. 

I always forget that the forum doesn't represent a lot of what you get from IG. Which I assume is a good thing. :P

@coopaloop1234 - The forum is my preference for where stuff would be talked about and also serves a purpose for hosting content.

However, IG is way more active. The Instagram account has over 10,000 followers. We have 500 here. The IG page gets around 3,000,000 hits a month and has crept up on 4,000,000 a couple times. We keep hovering around 90,000 hits, but cannot get to 100,000. Fortunately, the annoying Google Ads basically keep this place break even! It should be able to live on for ever and ever 

52 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@coopaloop1234 - The forum is my preference for where stuff would be talked about and also serves a purpose for hosting content.

However, IG is way more active. The Instagram account has over 10,000 followers. We have 500 here. The IG page gets around 3,000,000 hits a month and has crept up on 4,000,000 a couple times. We keep hovering around 90,000 hits, but cannot get to 100,000. Fortunately, the annoying Google Ads basically keep this place break even! It should be able to live on for ever and ever 

That's a hell of a contrast. I knew the traffic was larger, but not by that margin.

11 minutes ago, Bradlb said:

Is the palm size similar to previous Brian's gear? I'm just about to upgrade from SubZeros to Optiks and am thinking of going with Intermediate palms. 

Yes, Optik is in line with most of the rest of the world now. I had the Intermediate palm in GNetik and standard in Optik. 

1 hour ago, Kapz said:

How are you finding the anchor T compared to the single T?

Love it. I actually always kind of thought the anchor was silly. Both @TGC-Rance and @Brians_Joz were pretty emphatic this what I should get if I didn't want a double T. It's amazing. It's soft and has that classic single T snap all at the same time. 

In fairness, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I thought the Optik T was the shit until I tried the Anchor. I used a double T on and off forever and they just don't have that nice snap feel. That's why I don't like that T. 

7 minutes ago, Kapz said:

Awesome thanks.

Do you think the Brian's matte is durable enough for the face of pads or better off going jenpro?

I've been told by a rep that matte attracts puck marks more and is more difficult to get out

2 hours ago, Kapz said:

Planning to go all black pads so not too worried about marks, more concerned with potential durability issues 

I would recommend using Weave or Jenpro for the wear areas (outer roll & boot area) and use matte on the face. You should make something very durable this way and add some depth so the #SolidColoredPadsCrew 

40 minutes ago, FDB#12 said:

Hi guys! my ATK it's 17", I tried a pair of gnetik 34+1 (too big), I'm undecided whether to go with with 32+2 or 33+1..

my height is 5'10 (179 cm), if I did the exact conversion.

As per their sizing chart, you should fit a 32. Whether or not you get +1 or +2 is entirely up to you.

On 04/04/2018 at 9:25 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, Optik is in line with most of the rest of the world now. I had the Intermediate palm in GNetik and standard in Optik. 

I will stick with the standard palms then, thanks. 

5 hours ago, FDB#12 said:

Hi guys! my ATK it's 17", I tried a pair of gnetik 34+1 (too big), I'm undecided whether to go with with 32+2 or 33+1..

my height is 5'10 (179 cm), if I did the exact conversion.

As someone with the same ATK, and having the ability to try on the 33" Optiks, I would recommend the 32".

Archived