2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

@FDB#12 I'm also a 17" ATK and confirm the 32" is what works (I'm in g3netiks). As far as the thigh rise, if I could do it again I'd probably go with 1.5" instead of 2", but not 1". The 2" doesn't ever really interfere, but it was a hell of a jump to go from 0 to 2 for me, but it also definitely seals my 5 hole on the ice every single time.

@Kapz The anchor tee is great, there's so much lace in the pocket.

@TheGoalNetThe thumb pad was super weird when the blocker was still new and stiff. After a few uses I found it to feel a lot better to actually have the thing in as the rest of the mitt had softened up and whatnot.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Kapz said:

With the possibility of attaching knee pads directly to the pad is there any risk of fraying the leg pads since you can't wear socks over the knee pads with the optik set?

As long as you have the velcro square in the harness and attached to the thigh rise, no issue.

One of the skates when the pads were new and I was trying them attached and off the pad, I skated with the knee pad attachment flap loose. It did cause some minor fraying inside the knee flap. Anytime I had it attached properly, I had no issue.  

Just wondering what kind of wait time people are experiencing for their orders?

I'm at about 2 months wait on our order (my kids pads, not mine).  We ordered end of Feb.  Only customization are are colors.  Anyway, my kid is driving me nuts asking about them... ?

Also, for those that ordered.  Did you get a projected delivery date from your dealer or Brians?  

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm at about 2 months wait on our order (my kids pads, not mine).  We ordered end of Feb.  Only customization are are colors.  Anyway, my kid is driving me nuts asking about them... ?

Also, for those that ordered.  Did you get a projected delivery date from your dealer or Brians?  

I ordered Bauer and wait time is about 60 days so about 8 weeks

6 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

He ordered Brian's, so, what's your point?

I think he was just referring to the idea that custom bought pads are usually in the ball park of 8-14 weeks. But that's fairly common among the industry.

Doesn't specifically answer his question, but isn't totally out of line? I dunno, I'm trying to be nice. lol.

18 hours ago, Matt said:

I was told 3rd week of May by my retailer (The Goalie Crease) and the order was placed March 20...give or take a day or two. So you're probably looking at about 8-9 weeks total. Tell your son it's close!

46 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

I was told 3rd week of May by my retailer (The Goalie Crease) and the order was placed March 20...give or take a day or two. So you're probably looking at about 8-9 weeks total. Tell your son it's close!

Just like Homer learned... waiting is the hardest part.  ?

Thanks for the info...

On 4/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, Matt said:

I ordered mine about a month ago (full custom graphics. Was quoted 11 may (7 weeks).  Did you not get quoted a date?

6 hours ago, mufforz said:

I ordered mine about a month ago (full custom graphics. Was quoted 11 may (7 weeks).  Did you not get quoted a date?

No I didn't.  I was told initially that I would, but it was never provided one.  I like the dealer I've gone through, but if I had to complain, I'd say they could be better on the communication side of things.

gotcha, I'm assuming here you've tried to get a date out of him more recently.  I went through Jay Ward from TGC as soon as I had the invoice in my email i knew the date.  That also being said because I did full custom design Brian's was apart of the design layout which may be why I got a date immediately.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, Matt said:

i hit the 8 week next week i hope to receive it friday next week

7 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

@TheGoalNet did you see the video on youtube. the guys as fly brians for only 4 month and the pads become super soft ! did you get any probleme with your old model ( the red one ) 

Who’s video are you talking about?

Pads soften up, I don’t doubt that. In the scheme of stiffness, Optik FLY is more of a medium stiff and not a crazy stiff 

But how soft and how much use?

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Who’s video are you talking about?

Pads soften up, I don’t doubt that. In the scheme of stiffness, Optik FLY is more of a medium stiff and not a crazy stiff 

But how soft and how much use?

Possibly referring to this video? 

It seems like most of the flex comes from the boot, which is a good thing IMO.

I don't see how the flex at the thigh would be an issue if there is no thigh strap putting pressure on it. Could also help close the butterfly on those "snap shut" plays.

On 5/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, Yzueblin said:

@TheGoalNet did you see the video on youtube. the guys as fly brians for only 4 month and the pads become super soft ! did you get any probleme with your old model ( the red one ) 

Did your pads settle at all? If so how much do you think they dropped between boot settling / possibly pad breaking in and curving 

3 hours ago, Kapz said:

Did your pads settle at all? If so how much do you think they dropped between boot settling / possibly pad breaking in and curving 

No real settling, I smushed them under a locker room bench a couple times. That compacted the boot just a tad. I did that on purpose though and wanted that 

22 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Possibly referring to this video? 

It seems like most of the flex comes from the boot, which is a good thing IMO.

I don't see how the flex at the thigh would be an issue if there is no thigh strap putting pressure on it. Could also help close the butterfly on those "snap shut" plays.

In general, Brian’s makes a more flexible pad. Their stiff is probably more in line CCM flexible... which comes down to a preference issue. I don’t see anything wrong with this video? 

The only time flex is an issue is it’s too much torsionally and effects seal. 

Archived