Warrior Gear

bunnyman666

Quick question... with G3 Warrior custom pad option with no break, do the pads come out of the box (before we try to bend them) significantly more straight compare to the standard 1-break pads?

Also is "no-break" option just no break on the external vertical-roll, or will there also be no break internally? Say on G2 pro with single-break I have, there's a break on the vertical-roll, and a break behind internally.

1 hour ago, oncogene said:

Quick question... with G3 Warrior custom pad option with no break, do the pads come out of the box (before we try to bend them) significantly more straight compare to the standard 1-break pads?

Also is "no-break" option just no break on the external vertical-roll, or will there also be no break internally? Say on G2 pro with single-break I have, there's a break on the vertical-roll, and a break behind internally.

The pads do not come "significantly" more straight compared to the standard single break option.  They will be slightly straighter and maintain a straighter shape over time.  The profile of the pad (outer gusset) will be the same as any other G3 pad.

Correct, the no break option is an external feature.  The internal core of the pad will be double break.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone with experience on both the R/GT Pro and Sr lines? More specifically the pads and gloves. I was wondering if there were any distinct differences on how they feel and play? Obviously the Pro gear being made from better materials should last longer and prevent stingers more efficiently but are there differences for example on the flex of the pads or how they slide?

I owned a pair of the Overseas Ritual Pro, which basically a senior plus version and they were a great pad. I have seen nothing but good reviews of the Senior, non pro  lines from R2 up as far as pads go. But for me, you can go down a level on pads. Blockers can definitely be bought at a senior level with good performance and protection. I don’t know many who have used the senior Warrior traps. 

Warrior makes a great product, for certain. 

• Like 1

I've had the SR R/GT since release. I've had one stinger in the glove where as I would have had 3-5 in my LT 90 glove in the same time frame. (and I'm playing against higher opponents) 

Aside from long term durability, which I'll cover in my review, the senior line is definitely more than fine for beer league. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've had the SR R/GT since release. I've had one stinger in the glove where as I would have had 3-5 in my LT 90 glove in the same time frame. (and I'm playing against higher opponents) 

Aside from long term durability, which I'll cover in my review, the senior line is definitely more than fine for beer league. 

When are you planning on posting your review?

13 hours ago, BamBam said:

Is there anyone with experience on both the R/GT Pro and Sr lines? More specifically the pads and gloves. I was wondering if there were any distinct differences on how they feel and play? Obviously the Pro gear being made from better materials should last longer and prevent stingers more efficiently but are there differences for example on the flex of the pads or how they slide?

I've had a mix of g3 senior and r/gt pro (and g1/g2) and the differences are marginal.  IMHO they offer the same level of protection and the senior gear doesn't seem to be breaking down any faster than the pro gear.  I'm much happier getting new gear twice as often simply because I can afford it, rather than pay more for the pro line and keep it twice as long.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another question for the Warrior expects, @Kirk3190, and other here. Since I may be fitting in the small(est) Sr pad size range, wonder what are the differences between Sr and Int pads? I think Sr/Pro is 10.5" (for warrior anyway), and Int is 10"? Is the material for Int pads less durable or cheaper?

@Kirk3190

Here's something that bugs me concerning Warrior sticks. I went looking for some specials and although I didn't buy one of these but have used the same model last year, I find it alarming the discrepancy in correct measurement and fabrication. It's the Warrior foam core Quick model. Both sticks are identified as 26" with a 14 lie, yet they are clearly not the same length. And this is not the first time I've noticed it with your sticks. I have an Emery model that is identified as a 27.5" but was no longer than my then 26" Quick. 

This leads me to wonder if any of your sticks are true to size? Have I been using a 26", or rather a 25", or maybe even a 27"? Brings confusion where it shouldn't, especially for the newbies in the position.

image.png.d58431d788cfa0de5883f88eced525ee.pngimage.png.d87d2e49f35a1ae0280ab4f5dc31615f.pngimage.png.314f34afb62a1b72062304f8369f22dd.png

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

@Kirk3190

Here's something that bugs me concerning Warrior sticks. I went looking for some specials and although I didn't buy one of these but have used the same model last year, I find it alarming the discrepancy in correct measurement and fabrication. It's the Warrior foam core Quick model. Both sticks are identified as 26" with a 14 lie, yet they are clearly not the same length. And this is not the first time I've noticed it with your sticks. I have an Emery model that is identified as a 27.5" but was no longer than my then 26" Quick. 

This leads me to wonder if any of your sticks are true to size? Have I been using a 26", or rather a 25", or maybe even a 27"? Brings confusion where it shouldn't, especially for the newbies in the position.

image.png.d58431d788cfa0de5883f88eced525ee.pngimage.png.d87d2e49f35a1ae0280ab4f5dc31615f.pngimage.png.314f34afb62a1b72062304f8369f22dd.png

A couple possibilities here:

1. They changed stick factories year over year.
  2. They changed stick factories mid-run.
  3. They changed their standard of measurement year over year.

I can tell you the sticks I have seen at GoalieMonkey (reputable retailer, does a ton of volume) all match paddle heights - I'm one of those OCD guys that will sometimes go organize the stick rack by paddle height and pattern as I'm browsing; this leads me to believe one of those sticks may be an older stock.

I wouldn't say it's concerning as every manufacturer sizes their sticks differently.

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

@Kirk3190

This is likely just a mislabeling by the factory.  We no longer produce sticks at this factory. 

6 hours ago, Puckducker said:

What's peoples experience with custom orders from Warrior, as far as wait times? 

My order for G3 pads went in on November 5th and I'm still waiting.

@ULTIMA you had a custom order that took a while, yeah?

Did you order just custom leg pads?

I ordered custom leg pads only on 11/27/2018 or thereabouts, but the Gt, not the G3. I got them in just under 4 weeks on 12/24.

Yeah, just custom G3 leg pads.

I've heard of a few others who put their order in after mine, and yet got them before the end of the year. When I made my order I was told that they'd likely arrive before Christmas. 

Nothing crazy about my order, have no idea why it would be taking this long. I've contacted the store several times to see if they can find out what the hold up is, but they've yet to get back to me with anything (besides "We'll look into it and let you know")

@Kirk3190, anything you could maybe help me out with here? Beyond badgering the store some more, I don't think I have a lot of options. 

10 hours ago, Puckducker said:

What's peoples experience with custom orders from Warrior, as far as wait times? 

My order for G3 pads went in on November 5th and I'm still waiting.

@ULTIMA you had a custom order that took a while, yeah?

I ordered in mid August and they were delayed by a few weeks. Ended up coming late October.

11 hours ago, Puckducker said:

Yeah, just custom G3 leg pads.

I've heard of a few others who put their order in after mine, and yet got them before the end of the year. When I made my order I was told that they'd likely arrive before Christmas. 

Nothing crazy about my order, have no idea why it would be taking this long. I've contacted the store several times to see if they can find out what the hold up is, but they've yet to get back to me with anything (besides "We'll look into it and let you know")

@Kirk3190, anything you could maybe help me out with here? Beyond badgering the store some more, I don't think I have a lot of options. 

With all of these others coming in, it doesn’t sound like the store you had ordered from is really ‘looking into it’.

Did you pay with a credit card? I hope you did so you can hold taking the payment away from them. You need to badger.

I hope they did not make you put a 100% deposit down; if they did- BE PERSISTENT! They are holding your money HOSTAGE.