Warrior Gear

bunnyman666

34 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

Somewhat off topic but I think they would do well to introduce their own mask.

Dunno what Eddy Shultz is up to these days but I think it'd be worth to at least have a conversation with him about building them a mask.

Is he Eddy mask or what's his background?

if someone wanted to get into the mask space, their would be tons of options 

1 hour ago, AG37 said:

BindingLESS fingers, and the back of the glove over the tip of the fingers looks different. The Edge of the T looks different but could just be the new stitching. Thumb angle look similar to CCM 600. 

Pretty sure since G2, all warrior gloves have been bindingless.

I wonder if they ditched the tent system in the G2/G3 gloves and went with the more flexible T system they have in the GT line.

36 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Is he Eddy mask or what's his background?

if someone wanted to get into the mask space, their would be tons of options 

Eddy Shultz started, owned and operated Eddy Mask. I knew him pretty good when I was till working in hockey.

There really is lots of space for another mask maker. Especially if you're gonna do certified masks.

47 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

G4 teasers have me in a conundrum. I tried R/GT's and loved them, but I'm currently in G2's and I love having shiny new things that no one else has. Soooo....pull the trigger on R/GT's, or wait for G4? (and no, don't post the "why not both" meme, either. Not in the budget, fam)

Why not both? ;)

If you loved the GT's, get 'em. The G4's i'm  holding reservations for until I know more about them

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

G4 teasers have me in a conundrum. I tried R/GT's and loved them, but I'm currently in G2's and I love having shiny new things that no one else has. Soooo....pull the trigger on R/GT's, or wait for G4? (and no, don't post the "why not both" meme, either. Not in the budget, fam)

I always say never go against the grain. If you're playing well in the G2, stay in that family of gear, I say.

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Why not both? ;)

If you loved the GT's, get 'em. The G4's i'm  holding reservations for until I know more about them

Yeah that's true...I won't be doing anything until Feb/March anyways, so I guess we'll see what happens...

4 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I always say never go against the grain. If you're playing well in the G2, stay in that family of gear, I say.

I know, that's also why I'm tempted to see what the G4 is like. R/GT was a bit different than what I'm used to, but initial impressions were pretty good (only wore them for about 15 mins).

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

The good news is that with the G4 coming out, this means that G3 will be on clearance for tightwads like me!!!!!

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

Also contemplating my 3rd G3 set.

Can't wait to see what Moto67e dude does with all of his sets with G4's on the horizon :) 

On 06/11/2017 at 9:15 AM, Kirk3190 said:

I didn't consider the pattern/graphic of the stitching as 1 of the 4 new things.. But you're on the right track with STITCHING:) 

Laceless face? Other than that, I can't see anything that stands out.

Edit* nvm, I just realized the G3 had a laceless face, too

Edited by braedub90
Oops

Some observations, ideas, conspiracy theories, etc:

1) No break. This one is pretty obvious, and I'd imagine they might still offer a single break for customs.

2) Rounded tops and bottoms on the outer rolls.

3) Thinned out profile on the toe, likely similar on the top of the pad.

4) No more seam above the landing gear on the sliding surface.

5) A new strap location on the glove, near the bottom of the hinge.

Some ideas:

It looks like Warrior is thinning out the once "beefy" edges on their gear - specifically on the glove and pads. I'm still intrigued by the knee blocks and sliding surface...looks to be a very hard foam/plastic under jenpro, or similar material. Could be a new material with lasered holes for stitching, but that seems like too much labor. I'm very interested to see the physics behind this design, and if it can stay above that point where the contact area becomes too small, and actually increases the coefficient of friction. Furthermore, will this design feature be affected by deteriorating ice conditions? Will the strength of the used determine how well it works - eg) In poorer ice conditions, will a goaltender with lesser strength be able to generate a strong enough push to overcome any increase of friction generated by the potential of a small contact surface?

If there's one thing I love Warrior for, it's making me think about these types of scenarios.

rg4.jpg

On 10/16/2017 at 11:38 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

@cwarnar

Glad to see you like them. They have quite a bit to tinker with despite the seemingly lack of straps. You may want to try doing the knee strap across the knee instead of down to the calf. That may help, as well, a tighter boot strap on these will help too.

I went the opposite route. Knee strap down to calf (just enough so all the velcro touches and that's it), calf wrap to second stitch line, boot strap as loose at it will go and I removed the calf wrap from the calf landing area. Made the pad feel more free on my leg.

I found the same issue for the blocker as well, just loosen up the velcro tab for the index finger a bit and you'll notice a large difference. Padding still sits on the paddle and protects your finger, but allows it to move when you need it to and feels less constricting.

Knee block won't soften up really. It's going to be like that for at least a while (i've been in my pads for 6 months now)

Had my set out for skate number 2... it was night and day... major adjustments:

- wore the Sr knee pads

- ran knee block strap across the knee. 

- used ARS toes and ran the boot thru my Lundy loop

Felt far more connected to my pads and that feeling of them being “sloppy” was gone.  The knee pads seem to soften the knee landing as well.  I wore them under my under armour compression pants and had NO slippage issues. 

Won 7-2 and even my teammates were commenting how comfy I looked compared to the previous skate.  Still have some adjustments to weight on the glove. I overplayed the first 2 shots of the game, both goals, but settled in nicely for the rest of the game.  Can’t wait til the set is really broken in...

Edited by cwarnar