Bauer's Own The Moment

TheGoalNet

15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Agreed, Bauer is probably not saving any money with their stores. Their incentive is mainly based on customer expierence.

How much does it cost to operate a studio rink and no one buys ice, haha 

@Mroy31 - Chicago was on the list pre bankruptcy. I thought it died with the bankruptcy, but the store guys pro actively told me Chicago is rumored to be getting a store again. Guys even called out Schaumburg by name and that's where one of the Total Hockey's closed. 

It'd be a prime location for them 

Vaughan, was supposed to be the first Canadian location. Pretty good placement to serve southern Ontario. Although I'd be curious if it would have a Walmart effect on stores like Duke's or the Goalie Crease. Or at least give them less incentive to partner with Bauer. I'm not an economist 

1 minute ago, Mroy31 said:

Vaughan, was supposed to be the first Canadian location. Pretty good placement to serve southern Ontario. Although I'd be curious if it would have a Walmart effect on stores like Duke's or the Goalie Crease. Or at least give them less incentive to partner with Bauer. I'm not an economist 

I don't know that it would cannabalise the independent stores. After all- I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bauer store probably does not run specials, which is where the indys can make up ground. Some would even go so far as to "showroom" the gear in the Bauer store and see if they can get a better deal at their local. And if they compete too hard against their authorised dealers, those dealers would likely drop the line. 

Like I have said before, operating the store is probably revenue neutral, at best. 

29 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I don't know that it would cannabalise the independent stores. After all- I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bauer store probably does not run specials, which is where the indys can make up ground. Some would even go so far as to "showroom" the gear in the Bauer store and see if they can get a better deal at their local. And if they compete too hard against their authorised dealers, those dealers would likely drop the line. 

Like I have said before, operating the store is probably revenue neutral, at best. 

I think they it also had negative effects with their resellers too. 

Minneapolis is a major hockey market. Why would a local Total Hockey promote Bauer when they're a local competitor? 

If I know I want a Bauer product, why would I consider buy it from Total Hockey when I could go direct? 

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think they it also had negative effects with their resellers too. 

Minneapolis is a major hockey market. Why would a local Total Hockey promote Bauer when they're a local competitor? 

If I know I want a Bauer product, why would I consider buy it from Total Hockey when I could go direct? 

I can see your point, as well.

It all depends on price and service. Sure- you can try it on ice at Bauer's store, but how hard will they compete on price? Sure, there may be MAP policies, but there are ALWAYS ways to get around that.

• 1 year later...

I was hoping that the Monkey Sports near me would get some "real" fake ice in their goalie section sooner rather than later. I visited the store on opening day. It's more than a year later now and they still don't have any fake ice out yet. I was informed by a couple of the employees that they have the fake ice in the connected warehouse but just haven't put it out yet. All the employees are excited for this fake ice and so am I. this addition to their facility will allow people to try the pads without risk of damage or wear. Or the difficulty of maintaining an actual ice rink. I'm not sure if they'll allow us to use our personal skates once they install the "ice" but I am very excited.

T

Archived