TRUE Goalie Skates - 1 Piece vs. 2 Piece

Tim_TRUEHockey

36 minutes ago, Hills said:

Superfeet? Did you take out the original blue insole to add those? Did you try them without superfeet? 

Yes and yes.

I tried one skate with the originals. Can’t really speak to them much because I had a poor bake before the first skate. I could immediately tell they needed a rebake and I decided that after so many years of using Superfeet I wasn’t going to be happy with any other feeling, so I got an professional rebake with the Superfeet in and they are now perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Just an FYI, I tested my set of HAL straps on my True holders and they fit. Its a tight fit for sure, especially if you use a big knot in your elastic like I do, but they work. 

I think the best set up for these is going to be the RYNOs. I’m just waiting on my toe bridge kit from Monster to install mine.

Knot in the elastic? Why?

Love the Rhynos!!

The knots are in the part of the elastic that secures to the HAL Velcro “tabs”. 

You insert the end of the elastic into the hole in the Jenpro loop on the HALs and tie a knot to secure. 

What I meant was that if you use a really big knot (I use a figure 8 to make sure there are no pop-outs) it makes it harder to fit in the hole on the True holder. 

Good to hear you like the RYNOs. They seem to get solid reviews. 

7 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

The knots are in the part of the elastic that secures to the HAL Velcro “tabs”. 

You insert the end of the elastic into the hole in the Jenpro loop on the HALs and tie a knot to secure. 

What I meant was that if you use a really big knot (I use a figure 8 to make sure there are no pop-outs) it makes it harder to fit in the hole on the True holder. 

Good to hear you like the RYNOs. They seem to get solid reviews. 

Oh I thought you meant knots in the slack like you’d use if you were still using laces! Gotcha.

RYNO have been great. I was originally concerned that the Velcro wouldn’t hold but I haven’t had any issues after over a year of use. Also great for fat guys to not have to bend down as far :)

Im planning on getting fitted for some True goalie skates in the next week or so.

Im just still on the fence about the one piece or two ones.

Im currently using Bauer S190 but I'm not a big fan of the 3mm steel. I kinda miss the 4mm step steel i had in my old Reeboks.

I was considering the two piece originally with the Step holder but after reading about the higher attack angle i am having second thoughts.

I tried a pair or Bauer pro skates a couple years back and i found i was playing on the front of my feet which i didn't really prefer.

I would like to have a really good connection to the ice with a 4mm blade.

Leaning towards the one piece now. The pros seem to like them best. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks

Shawn

I'm torn between the one piece and two piece true goalie skates. I have a few quick questions. I have the s190 goal skates and I was wondering if it would be worth it to send in those skates with that vertex edge blade holder and get the boot strapped onto it or should i just buy the 2 piece. Which would be cheaper and would it make a whole lot of difference. I heard that is takes a while to make the skates and I don't want to be off the ice for a few weeks and I was wondering if they could make the boot and ship it to me.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:21 AM, Potttat said:

I'm torn between the one piece and two piece true goalie skates. I have a few quick questions. I have the s190 goal skates and I was wondering if it would be worth it to send in those skates with that vertex edge blade holder and get the boot strapped onto it or should i just buy the 2 piece. Which would be cheaper and would it make a whole lot of difference. I heard that is takes a while to make the skates and I don't want to be off the ice for a few weeks and I was wondering if they could make the boot and ship it to me.

Yes you can just order a boot and have your holders installed onto the True/VH boot.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:21 AM, Potttat said:

I have the VH boot with Vertex edge blade holder and love it.

skates.thumb.jpg.e87b5866d947e77369c8bb5e0393a5ba.jpg

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

https://www.tsn.ca/skate-switch-part-of-price-s-rebound-1.935082

Oh boy... Maybe he should have done some research first. 

Looks like he edited it:

Gone were the lighter, Bauer player-style skates that Price wore in the beginning of the season, replaced by his usual Graf blade holder with a traditional cowling. The only constant was the same True Hockey boot, worn in both.

I still don't know why there's mention of Bauer, but I guess it's better than it was. 

Still, looks like he listened to me (and the likely huge number who called him out on his mistake). 

6 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Looks like he edited it:

I still don't know why there's mention of Bauer, but I guess it's better than it was. 

Still, looks like he listened to me (and the likely huge number who called him out on his mistake). 

He had Bauer holders, not the True holders.