The "Official" Beer League Championship Thread

SaveByRichter35

Well I was hoping to be able to post some pictures in here today but unfortunately we didn't get the job done last night.  We lost 1-0.  I have to admit, it was one of the best games in which I have ever played.  The only goal scored was a rebound shot.  I took a shot to my head from just below the left circle, man in front of the net got the initial rebound but I was able to kick it out with my right leg.  Unfortunately that rebound save sent the puck right to an open man sitting there all alone just to my right and he cashed in that second rebound.  Considering the talent of the players on the opposing team, the amount of shots I faced, the amount of quality shots I faced, and the amount of robbery I committed; it may have been one of the best games I have personally played in my life.  We won the semifinal game 6-0, lost the final 1-0.  26 shots in the semifinal and though last night's stats haven't been posted yet it sure felt like somewhere in the mid to upper 30s.  I'm wondering if I come away with a JS Giguere loser MVP award lol.  Oh well, onto next season.

30 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Well I was hoping to be able to post some pictures in here today but unfortunately we didn't get the job done last night.  We lost 1-0.  I have to admit, it was one of the best games in which I have ever played.  The only goal scored was a rebound shot.  I took a shot to my head from just below the left circle, man in front of the net got the initial rebound but I was able to kick it out with my right leg.  Unfortunately that rebound save sent the puck right to an open man sitting there all alone just to my right and he cashed in that second rebound.  Considering the talent of the players on the opposing team, the amount of shots I faced, the amount of quality shots I faced, and the amount of robbery I committed; it may have been one of the best games I have personally played in my life.  We won the semifinal game 6-0, lost the final 1-0.  26 shots in the semifinal and though last night's stats haven't been posted yet it sure felt like somewhere in the mid to upper 30s.  I'm wondering if I come away with a JS Giguere loser MVP award lol.  Oh well, onto next season.

tenor.gif.73cf523409b81718c07d29f024b11c99.gif

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the team I play goal on lost in the finals. However the lower division team I play defense on won the championship tonight. I’m the second from the left standing. Actually the four defense are all standing starting from the left. Good group of guys. As you can probably guess, the league gave us wool hats. They have the league logo on it. And the hardware, of course. 

31757511-1E00-470F-8460-A71D7814148B.jpeg

Edited by WillyGrips13

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I am now a Varsity Bronze State Champion as a freshmen!                                                                                                                      \/ Me \/

IMG_0444.thumb.JPG.6aa7f861523dee74319826e81eb21316.JPGIMG_0447.thumb.JPG.2c5f74e7fdfbd2f287f172c9736e6899.JPGIMG_4691.thumb.JPG.94f516d32bd725f4bc653bbfda8ec9c3.JPGIMG_0445.thumb.JPG.21010c701e5f079d4d8cc07e6f070cce.JPGIMG_0446.thumb.JPG.41cf9008578d3a4a0688b9b06eeff2c1.JPG

Congrats!  Did you use your new Warrior glove?

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Congrats!  Did you use your new Warrior glove?

Thank you! I did use the Warrior glove and it keeps the puck in the pocket like nothing else I've ever used! It's also much lighter than the CCM resulting in even quicker saves. I love this glove! I also gorilla taped my blocker to match the glove.

Edited by ThatCarGuy

• 1 month later...

Officially my new favorite trophy appearance-wise.

9E3B29AC-B372-4E6A-AB80-84A2F13AE9C6.thumb.JPG.d39c9178a13d971871cff100f0995b2a.JPG

I am now a Varsity city and state champions as a freshmen! It may be Varsity Bronze but I'm still a freshmen and could play JV next year if I wanted. One more thing, Varsity has now won this trophy back to back!

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1