Favorite NHL Team

mik

Just curious, what fans do we have here.

I´m (obvious) Ducks fan, was Mighty Ducks fan back in the day in Selanne-Kariya era and it grows year after year - photos and pucks in office, collecting jerseys, playing in ducks pro return gear... 

Was really lucky to have chance see them live, only for two matches, but it is still one of my best hockey moments.

a5f0987236e669daeb0712f7484bf915--disney

Close tie between Les Habitants and Blackhawks (the recent version ((The Tony Esposito Blackhawks just made me love him for how much he did for so long with so little in front of him - he was truly a monster))) but to be honest, I like all the teams for one reason or another.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Maple Leafs!!

Also, Kings are my adopted team after moving to San Diego. I moved here in 2009 and had to decide between Ducks and Kings. Ducks had just won the cup recently so went with Kings. Ended up being a really good choice :) 

Are you realy sure you choosed the right team? No, just kidding :D.

btw. I like how you in States are tolerant as fans. When I was at my first Ducks game, it was obvious that I´m first time here (you know, runnig around, photograpig all the players...). Some lady with Jets jersey told me that I can go to her seat at warmup time, just near the players tunnel and there I will have oportunity to "high 5" with players while leaving ice. Still have video on my phone ;) .

5 hours ago, mik said:

Are you realy sure you choosed the right team? No, just kidding :D.

btw. I like how you in States are tolerant as fans. When I was at my first Ducks game, it was obvious that I´m first time here (you know, runnig around, photograpig all the players...). Some lady with Jets jersey told me that I can go to her seat at warmup time, just near the players tunnel and there I will have oportunity to "high 5" with players while leaving ice. Still have video on my phone ;) .

Two Stanley cups in three years? Yes,  I’m sure. 

Devils fan here! Started watching them when my father brought me to an ECF game in 1995 when I was 7. I was flipping through the program and thought that the Brodeur goalie and his mask looked pretty cool, so I decided he would be my favorite player (Randy McKay was my designated second-favorite player, because he had "cool hair" - oh man!). I had no idea the ride that the Devils and Brodeur would take me on for the 15 years or so... I was so very fortunate to watch my favorite athlete win 3 Stanley Cups, break a lot of records, and form a HOF career. It was my whole world as a kid.

I have to say, these days my enjoyment and enthusiasm for the Devils has dipped considerably. Most of it's growing up and not having the time to watch every game, and some of it can be attributed to the team struggling and rebuilding over the past several seasons. But ultimately, my favorite player's gone, I don't have much of a connection to the rest of the team, and everything pales in comparison to what I was spoiled enough to witness when I was a kid during those glory years. C'est la vie! The Devils will always be my favorite team, but I definitely enjoy the game on more of a league-wide basis now.

Archived