Show Off Your True Gear

Inferno

• 3 months later...

Got my boots in! 2.5 weeks was a crazy short turnaround time for a custom product! Have only used them once but I'm too excited to wait to post. IMG_1939.thumb.JPG.dfe30d6571ebea372c55b61b451bbc25.JPGIMG_1940.thumb.JPG.fffaea8fe6db6af81a933ec3d004b575.JPG

Initial impressions: 

WOW at the fit of them. I have extremely weird feet (VERY pronounced inside ankle, skinny heel, wide forefoot and about zero arch), and the only skates that never felt uncomfortable was a heavily punched/modded set of Nike Bauer One95 skates I used for YEARS. These along with my Tydan DLC blades are hopefully my dream skate. These fit like a glove. Maybe even too much, as I am not used to my toes literally touching the toe box. 

Some cons right off the bat:
- My order got a bit messed up. I ordered the black felt tongue, but obviously got the white but it's not really a big deal.

- there's some excess glue in places

- these laces are HILARIOUSLY long :P 

- Getting my foot in and out of the skate is an adventure

- Dont like the velcro tongue.

1 hour ago, Aquilzz said:

Got my boots in! 2.5 weeks was a crazy short turnaround time for a custom product! Have only used them once but I'm too excited to wait to post. IMG_1939.thumb.JPG.dfe30d6571ebea372c55b61b451bbc25.JPGIMG_1940.thumb.JPG.fffaea8fe6db6af81a933ec3d004b575.JPG

Initial impressions: 

WOW at the fit of them. I have extremely weird feet (VERY pronounced inside ankle, skinny heel, wide forefoot and about zero arch), and the only skates that never felt uncomfortable was a heavily punched/modded set of Nike Bauer One95 skates I used for YEARS. These along with my Tydan DLC blades are hopefully my dream skate. These fit like a glove. Maybe even too much, as I am not used to my toes literally touching the toe box. 

- My order got a bit messed up. I ordered the black felt tongue, but obviously got the white but it's not really a big deal.

Let us know how your first few on-ice sessions go with these! 

Awesome skates man. They look incredible! Congrats on the new wheels. :)

1 hour ago, creasecollector said:

Let us know how your first few on-ice sessions go with these! 

Awesome skates man. They look incredible! Congrats on the new wheels. :)

I will indeed!

And thanks! The white sidewall was so worth the money!

11 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Initial impressions: 

Did you go with vertexx holders for 3mm steel?

On 11/24/2017 at 8:52 PM, bunnyman666 said:

A Swiss company makes Bobs’ cowlings. The price is STIFF, as they cost 1,200 CHF, close to $1200 USD. They require your skate. 

W-S Composite, right? https://www.ws-composite.ch/english/

some cool (but pricey) stuff on there. They make Hillers mask too.

I think I might get that Hiller cage for my Promasque if it fits. Sort of growing on me.

B8BF41F7-7980-48D4-96C9-0D0F6E4AA7C1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Imperative said:

Did you go with vertexx holders for 3mm steel?

To be honest, I did it mostly because I couldn't part with my Tydan DLC blades. Best steel I gave ever used. I don't really care about 3mm vs 4mm as long as I adjust my hollow and profile accordingly. 

6 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

To be honest, I did it mostly because I couldn't part with my Tydan DLC blades. Best steel I gave ever used. I don't really care about 3mm vs 4mm as long as I adjust my hollow and profile accordingly. 

Remind me, the Tyden Steel is 4mm?

Archived