Show Off Your Passau Gear

IPv6Freely

• 1 month later...

Have to share these pics - this is Jeff, who I play against every Monday night.  He has rocked a very old setup for a long time (his goalie skates are literally older than I am and I'm in my late 30s).  He's seen me wear lots of Passau sets over the years and recently he ordered his own setup.  We wanted to do a cross between modern and vintage. The pad internals are our new core with bindingness boot but the exterior has a vintage appearance (though is made in jenpro).  Gloves are also made with modern materials including ecofoam in the palm of the trapper.  He kept saying "it feels like Christmas" every time he pulls them out of the bag.  Just wanted to share.

Jeff.jpg

Jeff's Setup.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, GoalieTimmy33 said:

Have to share these pics - this is Jeff, who I play against every Monday night.  He has rocked a very old setup for a long time (his goalie skates are literally older than I am and I'm in my late 30s).  He's seen me wear lots of Passau sets over the years and recently he ordered his own setup.  We wanted to do a cross between modern and vintage. The pad internals are our new core with bindingness boot but the exterior has a vintage appearance (though is made in jenpro).  Gloves are also made with modern materials including ecofoam in the palm of the trapper.  He kept saying "it feels like Christmas" every time he pulls them out of the bag.  Just wanted to share.

Jeff.jpg

Jeff's Setup.jpg

is the use of the ecofoam the big announcement you teased on Facebook?  ;)

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Teezle - You should consider Passau gear. I think they could incorporate all the things you want in your dream pads. They're basically the only other people that do a bindingless toe.

I've been thinking about it. There's another goalie in my league who has a custom set from them and it looks really sharp.

5 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I've been thinking about it. There's another goalie in my league who has a custom set from them and it looks really sharp.

While my example isn't a custom set of pads... they did built a beautiful custom C/A for me over the summer... even went as far as adjusting the Passau typeface at my request. Not only does it look incredible but it's a tank. Between it and my Maltese neck guard I don't wear a padded shirt at all anymore... and I regularly face high caliber shooters. 

Inspiration                                                                                                              Design                  

655472747_CooperCA01.thumb.jpg.aabdc67c2b2e1f42fe40159246e142e6.jpg              1790277109_PassauChestOption16(Details).thumb.jpg.c81980aef4f3f023500c9900335e0eaa.jpg

Result

240415218_CompletedCA02.thumb.jpg.67e643efd73a6c55f9f661a3fa1b0990.jpg  949706750_CompletedCA01.thumb.jpg.899381242866b445fd3cf68b50adc48c.jpg  363437186_CompletedCA03.thumb.jpg.c4493ec7a74ff816daa6dfe0888eadd0.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stm95 said:

Wondering if anyone here would upload some pics of the leg channel on the new generation of pads. Seeing lots of pictures but not much of the back of the pad.

I only found this off of their IG page (not sure why they couldn't have found this guy a pair of pants)... and really I think it's because most everything they do is custom to the client. @GoalieTimmy33 could certainly provide more insight. 

image.png.de4fb942d3b62be57aadc001f1e5711b.png

On 11/28/2018 at 3:30 PM, GoalieTimmy33 said:

Jeff.jpg

Jeff's Setup.jpg

Tim, do you guys have more than one shade of "retro" jenpro? From google searches I can't tell if you have multiple shades or whether it's just the lighting is different. Part of me wants a retro set but I prefer a slightly more brown (a bit less 'butterscotch') shade than what's shown here. 

12 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Tim, do you guys have more than one shade of "retro" jenpro? From google searches I can't tell if you have multiple shades or whether it's just the lighting is different. Part of me wants a retro set but I prefer a slightly more brown (a bit less 'butterscotch') shade than what's shown here. 

I believe they also have real leather and with the new printing capabilities I'm sure they can accommodate many more colours.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

I believe they also have real leather and with the new printing capabilities I'm sure they can accommodate many more colours.

I know about the real leather but definitely not for me. 

I bet they could print any shade they want but I’m not sure how efficient it would be to make every single piece from printed jenpro. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

They offer tan retro jenpro and also real leather.  Depends what you're after.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:32 PM, stm95 said:

Wondering if anyone here would upload some pics of the leg channel on the new generation of pads. Seeing lots of pictures but not much of the back of the pad.

Since most of their sets are completely custom the back of the pad will look different.  On mine I had their elastic smart strap system with a tight leg channel.  It really comes down to what you want option wise 

• 2 months later...

The new leg channel on these pads is incredible. That inner gusset sucked up a lot of pucks today that typically have gotten under and the rebound control is quite lively. I am blown away at the quality of these pads and am so grateful that I found Tim at Passau. 

When no one would help me out with my purchase from the BIG name groups. Tim was there. My money's with the little guy. 

IMG_0455.JPG

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

The new leg channel on these pads is incredible. That inner gusset sucked up a lot of pucks today that typically have gotten under and the rebound control is quite lively. I am blown away at the quality of these pads and am so grateful that I found Tim at Passau. 

When no one would help me out with my purchase from the BIG name groups. Tim was there. My money's with the little guy. 

IMG_0455.JPG

Nice! Those are beautiful. Any reason why you went with the Hasta/Stolz graphic (sorry I don't remember which one it is)?