IPv6Freely's Never-Ending Season

IPv6Freely

22 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Oh jeez...Star Wars?....wasn't sure whether you were joking, dude...no smiley or lol at the end of the caps. Star Trek guy so if you had the blue lady there, I would have caught the reference. Still and all, good game!

I'm a fan of both. I actually prefer Star Trek, to be honest. But this is our team's uniforms:

ackbar-rebirth-photo.thumb.jpg.ef31b387796c8bbdda0b1cdaa396b029.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are/were a baseball player so grabbing shots whilst on your right side isn't a surprise. Looked pretty cool actually. More importantly, big improvement to your low stick side. You got your right leg parallel to the goal line and made two real nice saves that way. You also had some active hands and arm. Good job!

2 hours ago, Fullright said:

You are/were a baseball player so grabbing shots whilst on your right side isn't a surprise. Looked pretty cool actually. More importantly, big improvement to your low stick side. You got your right leg parallel to the goal line and made two real nice saves that way. You also had some active hands and arm. Good job!

I was a catcher, too, so fast moving targets all around the body are pretty easy for me. Of course the problem there is that it's habit to try to catch pucks on my blocker side! LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Subbed for a rookie league (D6) team last night. Haven't played in weeks and it showed. Terrible rebound control, and let in an AWFUL goal. Luckily it ended up not mattering because we were shut out. We controlled the puck the entire game and had nearly 50 shots, but they weren't dangerous shots. We had a guy in the slot with a clean look who passed it off to the side. WHY? Too many fancy passing plays that didn't work because... well... it's rookie league. 

Oh well, I guess better to have my first game in weeks as a sub than to have this kind of crap performance in my primary team's game this weekend. Shake off the rust now, rather than later. 

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Oh my. Rough bounce.

I meant to just sweep it into the corner. At the time I actually thought it was going wide and hit the inside of my stick as I was sweeping and I redirected it into the net, but the video seems to show that I just flat out missed it altogether and didn't have the flexibility to get that leg out far enough to back up the stick. I guess that's a bit less bad than an own goal? lol.

If the shot had been harder I probably wouldn't have missed. Worst part about rookie league... 

15 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Just a rough night. Adding to the roughness was getting no help at all. Looked a little impatient in that you were moving early before the shot came or was teed up. No big, you'll be better next time.

Can only hope... lost 8-0 in a league game on Sunday. I'm about done with this goalie crap. 

On 1/10/2018 at 9:09 PM, Hills said:

Your D was unbelievably bad that night. How many breakaways can they give up?

The tall skinny kid in the red helmet, the short woman in the red helmet, and the "larger" man all playing D are a family. Father, Mother and Son. All three of them are... not very good. The son is the best of the three, and the mother has only been on skates for a couple months.

I don't think I've ever had such a lopsided pickup before. Usually they start moving people around exchanging jerseys and such. Not this time, for whatever reason. 

13 minutes ago, beansbats said:

We've all had nights like that.  The puck looks smaller than a golf ball, no puck luck, combined with negative back checking, makes for a long night.  Delete the skate from your head, and start over.

Maybe, but I'm seeing a trend. Granted its pretty obvious in that video that I stopped caring, but my games have all been pretty poor as well. 

25 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Maybe, but I'm seeing a trend. Granted its pretty obvious in that video that I stopped caring, but my games have all been pretty poor as well. 

Ignore the trend.  One of these nights the bar down goals will become solid no goal post shots.  The best you can hope for in a 8 - 0 league loss is a 0 - 0 tie.  Sounds like your team needs some overall adjustments.  You can't take a loss like that on your shoulders.  My .02

-steve

A bad game happens in all sports. Baseball players all of a sudden can't hit a curve ball. Golfers start shanking the ball at tee off. Tennis players have their backhand going too high. Basketball players can't hit a free throw. Everyone has an off night. The key is to not let it affect your next skate. Short term memory.

Let in another 6 on Sunday in a 6-2 loss. Only one was REALLY bad (went right through me). One I went for a half attempt at a poke check that never really fully materialized. 

These guys are "that team" in our league. They have MASTERED toeing the line with a ton of hooks, holds, shoves, etc. They just don't care. If it gets called, it gets called. They're confident in their PK (and scored a SH goal against us, the one that went 5-hole). The penalty minutes across teams aren't even close. 

Anyway... whatever, I guess. 

12 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

@IPv6Freely Loving that stick!!! ;) And those curling rings... makes you wanna hurry hard to make a save (Canadian joke)

What camera are you using for your games... Best I've seen thus far... so clear

Can't wait to get my custom sticks! San Diego curling club just moved here last year. I was curling with them when they were in Escondido. I only did it for one season though, just to try it. Ended up getting put on a good rink and won the championship - LOL!

Camera is a GoPro Hero 6 running 4K@60fps, on a suction mount on the inside of the glass. 

Archived