Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

14 minutes ago, bfast said:

@Ziemc97 Setup looks really familiar, didn't you play for the Aldergrove Kodiaks last year?

Ha, small world. Yes I did, tore my hamstring really badly in our first game and saw limited action that year because of it. Awesome season though! Our team was amazing.

A557D6D1-68ED-4585-96EE-561FFE79D451.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Would have loved to see that 1X's or Lack pads in action!

Actually wore the 1X gear during the summer- the reaction behind my movement felt incredible but I eventually went back to the gear I felt was more stable and consistent; the 1X stuff demands perfect movements to get perfect results and I felt like if I played 'off' the way faster sliding and less curved profile was a detriment. 

Whereas my softer Vaughn's (with an extra inch of thighrise) were more forgiving; less slide meant more control, more curve and flex meant more comfort and coverage etc. I felt less 'caught' because my mistakes weren't amplified by my gear. All personal thoughts obviously. 

Dislike Brian's gloves and the Lack pads were too big for me so I never wore them sadly :(

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I don’t know if I should congratulate you or have FoMo I’m not playing minor hockey 

It was my last year of dominating house so I don't have a choice hahaha. Not good enough for Jr. B so beer league it is 

23 minutes ago, bfast said:

It was my last year of dominating house so I don't have a choice hahaha. Not good enough for Jr. B so beer league it is 

Have you tried to make a Junior B team? Is Jr. B the only option? I wasn't good enough for B, there's also Junior C where I live. It's...not very good but it's a good time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Have you tried to make a Junior B team? Is Jr. B the only option? I wasn't good enough for B, there's also Junior C where I live. It's...not very good but it's a good time.

I haven't tried to make a junior B team but they are definety going to take a midget AAA goalie over a third year house goalie. And unfortunately it is the only option besides beer league no jr c teams in my area. I have thought about training and trying to improve and then just trying out for a Jr B team to see what happens but idk. 

3 hours ago, bfast said:

I haven't tried to make a junior B team but they are definety going to take a midget AAA goalie over a third year house goalie. And unfortunately it is the only option besides beer league no jr c teams in my area. I have thought about training and trying to improve and then just trying out for a Jr B team to see what happens but idk. 

Try! Once your go to beer league, you are there. 

Whats the worse thing that happens? You don’t make it and end up in men’s league? It’s the same out come... do it!!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bfast said:

Agree with @TheGoalNet, I didn't try out for Junior B until my last year of eligibility and got feedback from the coach and the Junior C coach he passed my info onto afterwards, that I'd have been on the team if they didn't already have one guy coming back and a young local kid coming up.  

For a while I thought they might just be saying nice things, but Junior coaches have no reason to sugar coat feedback to a 19 year old, and it got me into a couple invite only camps :P

• Like 1