Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

44 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Our league is acutally 2 leagues combined... one based in Northern Edmonton and one in Southern Edmonton.  There is some crossover during the regular season but playoffs you play against your own "league" to determine the league champ.. then you face the oposing league's champ, winner = city champs!

image.png.e4c176949f2fe0da2323ae166f37fcd5.png

That's pretty cool.  I always wanted something like that over here on Long Island.  There are just too many leagues to have a legit champ.  The league in which I play just expanded to include a league for the Hudson Valley up near Poughkeepsie and Newburgh, NY.  We won't play each other every season but once a year there is going to be a "tournament of champions" in which the winners of each division of each season throughout the year will all qualify for the tournament.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That's pretty cool.  I always wanted something like that over here on Long Island.  There are just too many leagues to have a legit champ.  The league in which I play just expanded to include a league for the Hudson Valley up near Poughkeepsie and Newburgh, NY.  We won't play each other every season but once a year there is going to be a "tournament of champions" in which the winners of each division of each season throughout the year will all qualify for the tournament.

Thats just 1 of 16 divisions in this org.  There has to be like a minimum 5 other leagues in the city as well.  Lots of opportunity to pick up ice here in E-town.

49 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Our league is acutally 2 leagues combined... one based in Northern Edmonton and one in Southern Edmonton.  There is some crossover during the regular season but playoffs you play against your own "league" to determine the league champ.. then you face the oposing league's champ, winner = city champs!

image.png.e4c176949f2fe0da2323ae166f37fcd5.png

BOOOOOO! I sub for the team he faced in ERHL finals. I also watched him win that one. 

Also in the lower divs, such as 14 - it's mixed south north. 
Here was my bracket: image.png.fbb900e9bb839d933e9c1b90139976f3.png
That said this league is huge - there are 200 teams altogether (confirmed with the league while i was paying team fees today). 

My team went 5-2 in playoffs (4-25 regular season LOL). 

Also @coopaloop1234 Surrey needs more crack. I spent a bit of time in the Guildford area as a kid... we couldn't move back to Edmonton fast enough. 

Just now, Doobiesnax said:

Thats just 1 of 16 divisions in this org.  There has to be like a minimum 5 other leagues in the city as well.  Lots of opportunity to pick up ice here in E-town.

Oh ok, wow.  That is a lot.  The league I am in has 4 divisions and 4-5 teams per division.  I am not sure how many are in the upstate league, I'd have to look at their section of the website.  There are two other leagues that I know about in the area that play at rinks all over plus I know two of the 3 local rinks also have their own in house men's leagues.

On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 4:24 PM, BadAngle41 said:

@FIFTY-SIX mind throwing up some close up shots of your mask. I like (what appears to me from these shots anyway) the look of the vintage fiberglass etc. Or just send me to where you may have posted already.

I'll try to get some up in the ProtechSport mask thread in the next few days.  56

44 minutes ago, Kayen said:

That said this league is huge - there are 200 teams altogether (confirmed with the league while i was paying team fees today). 

Also @coopaloop1234 Surrey needs more crack. I spent a bit of time in the Guildford area as a kid... we couldn't move back to Edmonton fast enough. 

ASHL Summer here has 150 teams playing, ice 604 which operates out of the same area has 50? Planet Ice Coquitlam has about 50 for spring as well.

This isn't including, Delta, Richmond, the north shore, UBC, Abbotsford, and Langley teams. And that's all just summer. Winter is even higher. @SaveByRichter35 you really do live in a desolate area for hockey lol.

@Kayen I live pretty close to Guildford mall actually lol. I'll still take it over Edmonton. Been there 5 times and every time it just makes me depressed. At least you guys aren't Winnipeg though.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

ASHL Summer here has 150 teams playing, ice 604 which operates out of the same area has 50? Planet Ice Coquitlam has about 50 for spring as well.

This isn't including, Delta, Richmond, the north shore, UBC, Abbotsford, and Langley teams. And that's all just summer. Winter is even higher. @SaveByRichter35 you really do live in a desolate area for hockey lol.

@Kayen I live pretty close to Guildford mall actually lol. I'll still take it over Edmonton. Been there 5 times and every time it just makes me depressed. At least you guys aren't Winnipeg though.

There is actually a lot to do here and a great food and music scene...  plus i find its really who you know and the people you interact with regularly that make any place sweet or a shit hole.... 

6 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

There is actually a lot to do here and a great food and music scene...  plus i find its really who you know and the people you interact with regularly that make any place sweet or a shit hole.... 

To be fair, NYC can be the most amazing city to be in, or one of the worst. Just depends on who you know. ;)

But I'll stop busting your balls about where your city, it's bad enough having to root for the Oilers.

Edited by coopaloop1234

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Not really.  I just play in a newer league that is still growing.  One of the leagues in which I used to play, Island Ice Hockey, has 15 divisions with about 90 teams.  There are a few 50+ divisions, 40+ divisions, weeknight divisions/weekend divisions of various skill levels.  The other big local league, Hockey Long Island, has 8 divisions with various age and skill levels as well and has about 50 teams.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Not really.  I just play in a newer league that is still growing.  One of the leagues in which I used to play, Island Ice Hockey, has 15 divisions with about 90 teams.  There are a few 50+ divisions, 40+ divisions, weeknight divisions/weekend divisions of various skill levels.  The other big local league, Hockey Long Island, has 8 divisions with various age and skill levels as well and has about 50 teams.

Ah makes sense. That's more in line for what I was expecting of over there.

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Depends where. Abundance of rinks up here keeps me around. Maybe i'll move back to the lower mainland one day. If I recall correctly I went to a "Green Timbers Elementary"? 
No idea where that is. 

I'd have to guess our other leagues are roughly similar. But Vancouver area has probably triple the population Edmonton has too.... I guess that's living in Canada for you. 

8 hours ago, Kayen said:

Depends where. Abundance of rinks up here keeps me around. Maybe i'll move back to the lower mainland one day. If I recall correctly I went to a "Green Timbers Elementary"? 
No idea where that is. 

I'd have to guess our other leagues are roughly similar. But Vancouver area has probably triple the population Edmonton has too.... I guess that's living in Canada for you. 

Anyone want to place some bets... 2 to choose from...

1. @coopaloop1234 knows where Green Timbers Elementary is.
  2. @coopaloop1234 isn't allowed to be within 250m of Green Timber or any other elementary school.

9 hours ago, Kayen said:

No idea where that is. 

While Edmonton has a larger popualtion than 'Vancouver', Surrey still rears up in the top 12 for population in Canada.

Makes sense, Surrey is a shit hole.

Untitled.png.8a820eef4e41d566c3b7a1a910506a1b.png

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Anyone want to place some bets... 2 to choose from...

1. @coopaloop1234 knows where Green Timbers Elementary is.
  2. @coopaloop1234 isn't allowed to be within 250m of Green Timber or any other elementary school.

:rofl:

I had to look it up. It's only a ten minute drive from my house.

Though, unrelated, I do live across the street from an Elementary School, so either they didn't do a very good background check on me, or I'm not as huge of a pervert as @BadAngle41 assumes I am. :P

• Haha 1

How about game video?  First game action in about a month.  First period saves.  Only played the first half of the game, I don't move my camera between periods.  I'm crazy, but not that crazy.  My kid, not me. btw...

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

How about game video?  First game action in about a month.  First period saves.  Only played the first half of the game, I don't move my camera between periods.  I'm crazy, but not that crazy.  My kid, not me. btw...

Kinda neat to see how much smaller the Optik is visually.