Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

25 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

@SaveByRichter35 Love love LOVE your masque!!!!!

Haha thanks man!  It's kinda tough to make out in the pictures but one side has the Marine War Memorial(Iwo Jima flag raising) and 2 Warrior Crosses(a pair of boots with a rifle standing between them and a helmet on the buttstock) to honor two Marines from my old unit who died at the WTC on 9/11.  On the other side is the Twin Towers and the scene from Ground Zero of the firefighters raising the flag that is always compared to the scene from Iwo Jima.  I'll post pictures in the mask thread so you can get a better idea.

Thanks for the kind words about my pads.  When I was 12 ('92-93ish)my folks got me that very same style pad.(yes Roy was my hockey idol) so when Koho came back with the vintage design many moons later. I HAD to have them same colors and all. Only wish I had a pic of young me in them too. 

Mr Richter, you set is awesome!!! Your mask a level above that. 

Edited by Mike24

49 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

Thanks for the kind words about my pads.  When I was 12 ('92-93ish)my folks got me that very same style pad.(yes Roy was my hockey idol) so when Koho came back with the vintage design many moons later. I HAD to have them same colors and all. Only wish I had a pic of young me in them too. 

Mr Richter, you set is awesome!!! Your mask a level above that. 

And I appreciate the kind words as well.  My parents could never afford all the good stuff when I was growing up, at least not until I was able to start chipping in.  I think that has a lot to do with splurging for all this stuff as an adult.  The mask and my first custom set of Vaughns were all paid for with money I made on my last deployment to Iraq so I had plenty to burn.  I'd never be able to do that again.  When I got my current set I just bought the pads.  I paid for most of the glove with the rebound rewards I got from GM, and the blocker is still my V4 that I just sent back to Vaughn to get refurbed.  I actually just got it back last week from Jason(Keeps33) for its second refurb.  He went to town on it.  I'll have to post some before and after pictures of it.  He did an amazing job on it.  I highly recommend him for any gear repair you guys need.

8 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

IF, a big IF(first born on the way), I ever get another set of gear I am thinking about going with a vintage tan set.  I usually don't give a shit if I match my team jersey but lately I've been thinking it would be nice for once.  It's been a while lol.  Not that tan/brown would perfectly match my team which is Black/Yellow/White but it would surely be better than Red/White/Blue haha

My men's league team just 1972 Soviet replica jerseys... My set looks insane now 

First off thank you for your service.   

I buy all the stuff I couldn't when I was younger. Or it's how I justify it to my self now.  

Those first Koho pads I got were the jr or youth ones, cheap(200 bucks but I thought they were awesome) I got em for Xmas because I had to have an oral surgery and I refused to get knocked out despite doctors/parents wishes.  I only took a local. At the time I didn't realize I saved my folks a nice chunk of change by me being hard headed. So when I got em which I had no clue I was, they told me why. They were my first set of ice pads.   To this day still worth it ! 

13 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

First off thank you for your service.   

I buy all the stuff I couldn't when I was younger. Or it's how I justify it to my self now.  

Those first Koho pads I got were the jr or youth ones, cheap(200 bucks but I thought they were awesome) I got em for Xmas because I had to have an oral surgery and I refused to get knocked out despite doctors/parents wishes.  I only took a local. At the time I didn't realize I saved my folks a nice chunk of change by me being hard headed. So when I got em which I had no clue I was, they told me why. They were my first set of ice pads.   To this day still worth it ! 

Thanks, I really appreciate that.  I miss the Marine Corps, a lot.

Same with me though.  I'm getting all the nice shit for myself now as an adult since I couldn't then as a child.  Unfortunately that time is starting to come to an end though as my first born is due in July.

That's a funny story about the oral surgery.  Kudos to your parents for rewarding you like that haha.

In this next batch you can see the difference between my old Brown 1800 c/a that are in the previous pictures compared to my Brown 2200 c/a that are in these pictures.  

image1.JPG

^^^edit - Actually I think this one is an old one that got mixed in.  Also not sure why I am using my warm up stick during a game here, hmm.

The rest of these are the 2200 though.

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • Like 1

I hate you for using those gloves :P They are so rare I would've turned them into collector pieces like I did my Millionaires player gloves. How are they? the catcher looks a bit different from the standard NXG.

How does the nylon knee block on the sliding surface feel when wearing those pads?

On 3/20/2017 at 12:06 PM, Hills said:

I hate you for using those gloves :P They are so rare I would've turned them into collector pieces like I did my Millionaires player gloves. How are they? the catcher looks a bit different from the standard NXG.

How does the nylon knee block on the sliding surface feel when wearing those pads?

Both of the gloves are little heavier than stock NXG gloves. Catcher has stiched wrist guard, so it feels almost like one piece, fitted for smaller hands. In my opinion extremly good in terms of protection and craftmanship. Colours are little crazy B|. I use them only for matches / games, not for trainings.  I got them thanks to a friend who get me more things from the Ducks. He had the opportunity to buy them and phoned me. Maybe, they will end in showcase one day...

Pads - mod was made on knee block, so there is jenpro layer over the nylon now. But I didn´t find any problems in sliding with nylon, only it was wear down and needed to be repaired.