Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

A few years ago Scott Battram made me this set of gear, pads and gloves in leather. Yes, the real stuff not Jenpro. It is a tad heavier than man made fabric but the look, feel and smell, bring back so many memories.  I have always felt that my rebound control was so much better with leather pads.

1631604915_KgvmmLS5SEagdRAeaTQ_thumb_16128.thumb.jpg.2c94fa6c245634209a1a9f61a1d11578.jpg

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2017 at 2:58 AM, mik said:

Some pics from goalie camp. Jersey was a gift from organizators, I foud colours little strange at first, but maybe it was matching my gear quite good (?). btw. last photo is not picture of my "Giguere narrow butterfly" but proof of exhaustion :D .

20170702_110902_MF2_7065.jpg

20170702_113418_MFL_7942.jpg

20170702_120550_MFL_8009.jpg

20170702_115230_MFL_7973.jpg

i would never wanna use signed pads on ice lmao 

awesome pads though. love repping pro return stuff. i use thomas greiss´ gloves.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:24 AM, Max27 said:

i would never wanna use signed pads on ice lmao 

awesome pads though. love repping pro return stuff. i use thomas greiss´ gloves.

Thanks. Those are realy great pads, in my opinion shame to not use them on ice and just display them  ;) .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mik said:

Thanks. Those are realy great pads, in my opinion shame to not use them on ice and just display them  ;) .

I've always wanted a Heaton ProZ / Helite III stick pretty badly... to the point where I would consider playing with an autographed Brodeur one, if I found it for the right price (I already have a few autographs of his, including one made out to me on a game-used stick). Unfortunately, all his autographed Helite III sticks go for more than I'd ever be willing to pay. Probably for the best.

I remember seeing that Guy Hebert put an unused Heaton ProZ outside of his door after the Humboldt tragedy. If it wasn't so damn tasteless, I might have messaged him on the side and asked if he had any spares he'd be willing to part with.

DaeHlGLUMAAqWGb.thumb.jpg.d61af2981561e8b4487281b89e5aba6a.jpg

Anyone else have autographed gear they use?

22 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

I've always wanted a Heaton ProZ / Helite III stick pretty badly... to the point where I would consider playing with an autographed Brodeur one, if I found it for the right price (I already have a few autographs of his, including one made out to me on a game-used stick). Unfortunately, all his autographed Helite III sticks go for more than I'd ever be willing to pay. Probably for the best.

I remember seeing that Guy Hebert put an unused Heaton ProZ outside of his door after the Humboldt tragedy. If it wasn't so damn tasteless, I might have messaged him on the side and asked if he had any spares he'd be willing to part with.

My blocker, which I bought used off a guy through Kijiji, was signed by Robin Lehner - presumably from his Ottawa days. He didn't try to charge me extra for it, and in the pre-"Lehner-story" days, it was all but meaningless to me. I actually forgot it was there until I saw your post.

3 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Best Stick Ever!!!

9 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Man, I used to get these sticks back in the 90s! Nice pickup!

On 5/23/2018 at 12:05 PM, Dunsnd said:

Photos from the previous season (2017-18)

Gear Present:

Pads - CCM EFlex 2's, Glove - Vaughn v6 2200, Blocker - CCM Premier, C&A - v7 XF Pro (custom), Pants - CCM Premier, Helmet - Bauer 960xpm, Sticks - Sherwood GS350 (if anyone knows where they still have those let me know), Skates - CCM Ribcor 44k

DSC_8770.jpg

DSC_3275.jpg

DSC_6595.jpg

they have gs350 sticks on goaliemonkey for 99$ each

Edited by Max27

13 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

@JRobles71 2 things...

1. I love the idea of you getting those padskins or whatever put on mid-ice session from pic 1 to pic 2

2. You better fix the fit of your mask before @TheGoalNet sees this :P 

I recently took the skins off to actually trace the design of the SLR's but I liked the sock style while it lasted haha. 

Yeah I was a little uninformed when I bought my gear so my mask is a tad big. Going down a size when I get my new one for painting.

4 hours ago, JRobles71 said:

I recently took the skins off to actually trace the design of the SLR's but I liked the sock style while it lasted haha. 

Yeah I was a little uninformed when I bought my gear so my mask is a tad big. Going down a size when I get my new one for painting.

I think what we are all noticing is that your mask appears to be a tad too small. There shouldn't be a gap between the cage and the back-plate, and it appears from your pictures - esp here - that there is indeed a gap:

image.png.74348b97ea17eaf68026d545bb398350.png

I have a giant head (unfortunately, not filled to the brim with brains, either), so I know it might be hard to find the right size off any old clearance shelf - but the mask is not where one cheaps out.

Jokes aside, we all try to look out for each other's safety! :fistbump:

• Like 1

@JRobles71 Yeah, @Lucky Pucker called out what I was looking at.  Although from 2 pictures, us making recommendations is a bit like searching your symptoms on WebMD.  Maybe the straps are super loose, chin cup is too tight, etc. etc.

Check out the Mask Thread for some other options.  My face fits a S/M Bauer Profile mask, but gave me that gap at the back plate, and the M/L size would rattle around on my face.  I ended up going with a Masked Marvel and could get a custom shell that was essentially a Medium mask with an extra 1/2" extended shell at the back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I think what we are all noticing is that your mask appears to be a tad too small. There shouldn't be a gap between the cage and the back-plate, and it appears from your pictures - esp here - that there is indeed a gap:

image.png.74348b97ea17eaf68026d545bb398350.png

I have a giant head (unfortunately, not filled to the brim with brains, either), so I know it might be hard to find the right size off any old clearance shelf - but the mask is not where one cheaps out.

Jokes aside, we all try to look out for each other's safety! :fistbump:

28 minutes ago, JRobles71 said:

I'll do some adjusting and see what it does, I frankly haven't touched anything since I've started playing so it's how it was straight out of the box. Appreciate you boys looking out though! 

I have the same issue with Bauer masks (specifically the 960 XPM). While the width on the S/M is good, the length isn't, so the M/L works better for length but is too wide and would need a lot of extra foam. That's why I wear a different brand of mask that fits me better and will one day go the custom route (ie. Protechsport, etc.).

• Like 1