Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

My son is the goalie for January for his Novice team, so we got the club's gear over the holidays. Rented some discount ice, and worked him out a bit. The grin on this kid's face after... just priceless! I love that he's having so much fun with this.

(BTW - club uses LAK colours, so all his gear will match for the games ;))

image.png.e841b05463c51086c42cde6f6a3a2bf0.png

image.png.ea753fba35f8508b3a1b09a97fb53ffe.png

• Like 11

On 1/4/2019 at 6:16 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

My son is the goalie for January for his Novice team, so we got the club's gear over the holidays. Rented some discount ice, and worked him out a bit. The grin on this kid's face after... just priceless! I love that he's having so much fun with this.

(BTW - club uses LAK colours, so all his gear will match for the games ;))

image.png.e841b05463c51086c42cde6f6a3a2bf0.png

image.png.ea753fba35f8508b3a1b09a97fb53ffe.png

Aww, man.  That's the best.  I would be jumping up and down if my kid had goalie month this month.   Keep us posted on how he does.

I'll never have kids of my own, but I have always if I did, and he/she didn't want to play hockey, I'd be so bummed out and clueless what to do for fun.  Haha.

16 hours ago, seagoal said:

Aww, man.  That's the best.  I would be jumping up and down if my kid had goalie month this month.   Keep us posted on how he does.

I'll never have kids of my own, but I have always if I did, and he/she didn't want to play hockey, I'd be so bummed out and clueless what to do for fun.  Haha.

Thanks! His first game was Saturday, and while one slipped through the wickets on a screen from the high slot, his team won 8-1. The Atom team from the same club was watching the end of the 3rd, and when my son made a big save, they all cheered, banging the glass and chanting his name!

He skated out A LOT for a 7-year old, well beyond the crease and right into the corners... my heart was in my throat. He usually plays defence though, so that combined with being a bit bored, well... he went for a skate a few times.

One time he came out to the side, by the face off circle, and cool as you like, just routinely stopped it with his stick for his returning d-man. Another Dad said "I've never seen that in Novice!" LOL! When I asked him after why he came out so much - to include negating icing a few times - he said "that's what they do in the NHL."

Pic of him with his team in warmup. Lucky kid gets to do this without worrying about some knob going bar-down on him...

image.png.73f9528621eec50c88fa14438f8689fb.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Thanks! His first game was Saturday, and while one slipped through the wickets on a screen from the high slot, his team won 8-1. The Atom team from the same club was watching the end of the 3rd, and when my son made a big save, they all cheered, banging the glass and chanting his name!

He skated out A LOT for a 7-year old, well beyond the crease and right into the corners... my heart was in my throat. He usually plays defence though, so that combined with being a bit bored, well... he went for a skate a few times.

One time he came out to the side, by the face off circle, and cool as you like, just routinely stopped it with his stick for his returning d-man. Another Dad said "I've never seen that in Novice!" LOL! When I asked him after why he came out so much - to include negating icing a few times - he said "that's what they do in the NHL."

Pic of him with his team in warmup. Lucky kid gets to do this without worrying about some knob going bar-down on him...

image.png.73f9528621eec50c88fa14438f8689fb.png

Ha, that's fantastic. 

I love it: it works on TV in the NHL, I'll do it too. 

P.s.  also as on TV, get that kid in some Vaughn gear.

:)

Edited by seagoal

12 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

finally got a decent pic in game with the orange helmet w full setup and jerseys. soon to be Warwick 🤫

08858C0E-941B-483D-B0DE-D0BFB61863A9.jpeg

Is it on The Rings - Anaheim Ducks training facility?

1 hour ago, TresPasser said:

SKV vs JPK (14).JPG

Wow, amazing butterfly flare.. and great set of course.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

Wait a second......that first picture isn't photoshopped? It honestly looks like you glued a mask on top of someone's picture.🤫🤣

Nope... Thats my mask, my face and my body :)

7 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Man, G2's in gray look so awesome. Probably one of the best stock colorways ever.

Also, how do you like your Fischer stick? I'm considering ordering a 3 pack from them.

True that. I had a full set but had to replace the catcher due to break in the palm and to be honest that wasn't a great replacement. G3 has better design overall but G2 feels way much better for me. G2 were SR version same as G3 and G2 has better protection in the palm (especially that it allows to add more padding if you wanted to)

The stick is GF750 (if I remember correctly). I really great in that price range. I had to buy a stick fast after Premier Plus break and I have to say it was a good choice. It feels just a little heavier than CCM and durability is fine. I've been use the stick for abour 6 months now and it holds pretty well. Other than some chips on the shaft from some higher level shots (I get a lot shots there and thats where CCM broke) there's not much to say :)