Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

The only thing that is consistent with this call in the NHL... is the inconsistency with which it's called. Not sure who exactly they're using to review these but some nights I get the feeling it's a salty former forward who is taking his opportunity to right some of the wrongs in his career.

9 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Exactly what my snark was about. I love how that's a good goal, yet Matthews slightly bumping into Bernier's stick while both were going for the puck isn't. 

Bernier wasn’t even going for the puck because he had no idea where it was.

44 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

The only thing that is consistent with this call in the NHL... is the inconsistency with which it's called. Not sure who exactly they're using to review these but some nights I get the feeling it's a salty former forward who is taking his opportunity to right some of the wrongs in his career.

The call is made by the on-ice referees. It could be slightly more consistent if hockey ops took over, but even then...

25 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

The call is made by the on-ice referees. It could be slightly more consistent if hockey ops took over, but even then...

I know it's the on-ice official... pretty sure we all know. I meant I don't know the actual officials making the recent calls. 

SO LITERAL. 

How about this edit instead...

"The only thing that is consistent with this call in the NHL... is the inconsistency with which it's called. Not sure which referees exactly reviewed these calls lately... but some nights I get the feeling they're salty former forwards who are taking his opportunity to right some of the wrongs in their pee-wee careers."

56 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I know it's the on-ice official... pretty sure we all know. I meant I don't know the actual officials making the recent calls. 

SO LITERAL. 

How about this edit instead...

"The only thing that is consistent with this call in the NHL... is the inconsistency with which it's called. Not sure which referees exactly reviewed these calls lately... but some nights I get the feeling they're salty former forwards who are taking his opportunity to right some of the wrongs in their pee-wee careers."

Okay then.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Or that politics in refereeing means guys won't face consequence for poor calls (Francois St. Laurent, Tim Peel, or that #19 ref that appears in almost every controversial goal call compilation). That or there's some Lenny Dykstra-esque stuff going on where refs or off-ice authorities have monetary stakes tied up in games, which I wouldn't doubt. Corruption is the only paranoid reason I can think of for these calls being so random (and oddly favoring certain teams whether it's coincidence or not).

Edited by Moose75

3 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Or that politics in refereeing means guys won't face consequence for poor calls (Francois St. Laurent, Tim Peel, or that #19 ref that appears in almost every controversial goal call compilation). That or there's some Lenny Dykstra-esque stuff going on where refs or off-ice authorities have monetary stakes tied up in games, which I wouldn't doubt. Corruption is the only paranoid reason I can think of for these calls being so random (and oddly favoring certain teams whether it's coincidence or not).

Come on. Don't tinfoil hat it up. The real problem is they left it up to individuals to make the judgement call at the rink and not being centralized in the war room. If it was the same department doing all the controversial interference calls things would at least be consistent.

16 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

Come on. Don't tinfoil hat it up. The real problem is they left it up to individuals to make the judgement call at the rink and not being centralized in the war room. If it was the same department doing all the controversial interference calls things would at least be consistent.

I'm the Alex Jones of hockeyspiracies, haha! (slightly kidding)

The real truth to my statement is I'd almost rather it be a grand conspiracy. It's easier to digest compared to the ineptitude of some officials judgement calls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

I'm the Alex Jones of hockeyspiracies, haha! (slightly kidding)

The real truth to my statement is I'd almost rather it be a grand conspiracy. It's easier to digest compared to the ineptitude of some officials judgement calls.

I can certainly understand that. I almost feel like this is all stemming from that horrendous non-call on Kessler last year except it's only getting worse.

Jesus fucking h tapdancing christ I thought the Leafs/Avalanche and Leafs/Blackhawks calls were bad. The one on McDavid last night in OT is an absolute embarrassment. 

McDavid also got a 10 minute misconduct for Abuse of Officials after scoring in the shootout and telling the ref to review it. Good on him. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm 50/50 on that. Did it really have a huge enough impact on the goal being scored to call it off? Naw

Was it technically goalie interference? Ya

Easiest way to solve this? Make the blue paint holy ground again.

Behold the heathen and the sodomite that shall trespass and desecrate that Holy Blue Paint, as they have before.

bb130619a4afea49.jpg

Edited by Moose75

18 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Behold the heathen and the sodomite that shall trespass and desecrate that Holy Blue Paint, as they have before.

bb130619a4afea49.jpg

As per the word of the holy trinity, Saint Patrick, Saint Martin, and Saint Dom:

"All who desecrate the holy land of blue shall face the wrath of the weapons of the holy land. The warriors Billy and Ron will lead the charge against the heretics and will hack and slash their unholy counterparts"

For it has been told.

Amen.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2018-02-28 at 11:40 PM, keeperton said:

Those are quite the uniforms. 

@Scott That set up looks great and nice butterfly. 

My dad comes to my games sometimes. These are the only two pictures he's taken that I like. I might have posted the second one before, oops.

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1307 (1).JPG

Thanks, the set is actually black and silver but I used white padskinz over the silver to match my jerseys, and the white with coloured outer roll just looks amazing in my opinion 

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, MTH said:

AG37 - Sweet gear. Great action shots. Always nice to have a picture making a cool save.

Christ how tall are you? Those (great looking) pads look like 36+8s

Here's a better look at my height, 6'4 and a great not save picture! Thanks, pads are 36+1.5s, I will probably drop the knee just a tad on my next set. I ordered them extra stiff so the knee was a tad higher than expected.

meh.jpg