Removing Post Wedge on Warrior Pads

Punisher Goalie

4 hours ago, chakal said:

You can get a strip of padskinz and glue it over the exposed holes. That should make it a clean fix.

Good suggestion. May try that.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Nice work! Looks very clean.

Thanks!

Skated with them for the first time today. I was really surprised by the difference in feel. Didn’t really notice how much the wedge was bothering me before - I was very conscious of getting it caught on the post, etc. It especially felt much more open in the RVH today. Here’s a video I just posted in case anyone is interested in how they look in action:

so here is what i have done with my warrior G1s

what u can do to take off the post wedge is as seen in the pics is to add the buckle on the inner lace of the pad as seen in one of pics from there you will no longer nned the post wedge for your strapping system. from here you can just cut off the wedge and maybe have to do a tiny bit of sewing 

IMG_0481-1.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread for a moment.

Is there any possible, conceivable, safe way to give the GT pads leather or nylon calf straps? The knee is already done with the original design. I'm looking at pics of the channel here and there and I'm not seeing how without putting undo stress on the binding cord holding the whole core together.

10 hours ago, RichMan said:

Reviving this thread for a moment.

Is there any possible, conceivable, safe way to give the GT pads leather or nylon calf straps? The knee is already done with the original design. I'm looking at pics of the channel here and there and I'm not seeing how without putting undo stress on the binding cord holding the whole core together.

@RichMan can you post a pic showing where you want the straps? I have a few ideas but depends on where. Might be easiest to find a stock photo and draw on it. 

Archived