THE GOAL[ie] NET[work]
coopaloop1234

TGN Database - How do you wear your C/A + Pants?

Man, memory lane for sure...

02-10-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by Gasman
Just out of curiousity...and making sure I get this right....

you are putting a fastex/quickclip (or whatever you like to call it!) on the back of the C/A and attaching the other end of it to the pants?

This holds the front down as well? I like the idea of it...but how well does it work?
What I do is put the clip on the loop on the back of my pants. Next, when I put my c/a on, I clip it to the chest strap on top of the spine padding. (I really need a picture)

Theroy is that the clip holds up your pants and holds down you c/a when you are bent over. I had trouble with the c/a sliding up on me and my pants sliding down when I bent over. This solves both issues.

Plus it allows more freedom in the front. I felt constricted when I tied the chest to my pants. I have been using this setup for a few years now.

I then leave the clip on my pants and use it to hang the pants up to dry.

I buy these clips at the register (they have them in a little bucket) at Home Depot for 99 cents.

capantssetup.jpg

The carabiner is the yellow loop.

Edited by MTH

Chesty: Bauer total one NXG OHL pro return

pants: Reebok 20k(with diy beef up) 

how I wear?: chesty tucked into the pants, internal belt tight with the external belt really loose to allow the chesty to stay tucked easily, chesty tied in on the front loop as well with two clips on the sides of the belly.

issues?: none so far

On 9/26/2017 at 3:41 PM, BadAngle41 said:

C/A:  CCM Premier 1 - Medium (Modified arms to shorten by about 1 1/2")

Pants:  Vaughn V5 - Medium

How Do I Wear it?:  Gone back and forth between loose or tight, tucked or untucked over the years, but right now pants are worn snug at the waist with suspenders under an untucked C/A. 

Any Issues?:  Pants occasionally interfere with my pads (even with the outer knee wrap removed.) Also the untucked C/A can leave my upper ribs exposed on just the right shot from a cross ice pass.

So I know I'm quoting myself here... but looking for some advice. Tuesday evening my C/A felt sorta loose (even for being untucked) and upon closer inspection, the bottom clip on my back had broken. It did get me thinking though, maybe this is an opportunity to go back to tucking? I have new clips being delivered today (amazon prime same day... slow clap) and can adjust my suspenders to accommodate the tuck in time for this evening's tilt. I'll tie the front of the chest to my pants through the stock loop, but I was considering throwing on a Passau style pant strap. If I do that though, do I even need suspenders? Thoughts???

Edited by BadAngle41

Here’s what I use now.  I still keep the carabiner there just in case.  The original nylon loop (the black one sticking out just to the left of the carabiner) broke a few games ago.  Lasted probably 15 years or so.  The blue nylon loops with the suspender anchors were added by Keeps, idk, maybe a year ago.  When I get a break in the schedule I’ll have the black loop fixed and go back to attaching the clip to that rather than the blue one. 

DB3A3FA7-24F3-4AEF-B47B-8BEA364B2E96.jpeg

DD2C9D6D-079C-47A1-8DDE-351AB3BD4970.jpeg

@SaveByRichter35 thanks for the post and the pictures. I decided not to mess with mojo (as i've almost been playing decent) and stay untucked... but still added a nylon loop to the back of my pants. I'll add the strap to my c/a and give it a whirl in a Tuesday night skate just to see how it feels. Not sure if untucked with a back strap really work well together or not. I'll post some pics too of how strange the buckle even breaking in the first place was. Makes me think I should start facing the puck and not let it hit my back as often (that's the only way I can think of this particular buckle breaking.) 

Also... applause for Amazon Sam Day.. ordered the new buckles and had them in time to slap on before I went out the door Thursday.

1 minute ago, BadAngle41 said:

@SaveByRichter35 thanks for the post and the pictures. I decided not to mess with mojo (as i've almost been playing decent) and stay untucked... but still added a nylon loop to the back of my pants. I'll add the strap to my c/a and give it a whirl in a Tuesday night skate just to see how it feels. Not sure if untucked with a back strap really work well together or not. I'll post some pics too of how strange the buckle even breaking in the first place was. Makes me think I should start facing the puck and not let it hit my back as often (that's the only way I can think of this particular buckle breaking.) 

Also... applause for Amazon Sam Day.. ordered the new buckles and had them in time to slap on before I went out the door Thursday.

I don't tuck my c/a, never have.  The buckle in the back will work just fine with an untucked c/a.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't tuck my c/a, never have.  The buckle in the back will work just fine with an untucked c/a.  Good luck!

Who has a project this evening.... THIS GUY!! Pictures to be loaded upon completion.