TGN Database - How do you wear your C/A + Pants?

2 minutes ago, moore00 said:

How have I never thought of this....

Haha, Vaughn is awesome at making older generation gear for custom orders. 

My experience with gloves is that it costs $ current gen glove + $85. 

If you call the US shop ask for Dennis Doll....not sure about Canada. 

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

I bet yes since they'll still make the 5500 mitt.

1 hour ago, moore00 said:

How have I never thought of this....

I asked Vaughn for a 5500 chest back when the 8800 first came out and I was shut down.  I wanted the smaller shoulder floaters.

Maybe they were pushing hard to get 8800s out in the general public back then, or they've loosened the reins on some of their custom policies.  They used to be a hard no on doing vintage graphics, and now we're seeing the old V2 and Legacy graphic on their pros...

30 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I asked Vaughn for a 5500 chest back when the 8800 first came out and I was shut down.  I wanted the smaller shoulder floaters.

Maybe they were pushing hard to get 8800s out in the general public back then, or they've loosened the reins on some of their custom policies.  They used to be a hard no on doing vintage graphics, and now we're seeing the old V2 and Legacy graphic on their pros...

Yeah those graphics are a big push for them right now on their Instagram page

Screenshot_20210413-170514_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 7:29 PM, TheGoalNet said:

@Naz - pic please? 

On 1/24/2018 at 1:39 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Lol what??

So, I am only 3 years late in getting back to this....

Tucked, with lace from pants tied into loop.  2 wraps of sock tape around torso keeps it nice and snug and in place.  Suspenders over top.

ca socktape.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

C&A: McKenney 870 in Large
Pants: Warrior X2 Sr in Large
Suspenders: Kenesky

Used to have the inner belt in cinched up really tight, and then chesty tucked over top. Wore suspenders too on top and tucked under the floaters. Was pretty comfortable and held together while still mobile, but not perfect and the inner belt did seem to loosen up a bit throughout games and get sloppy.

Trying something new as pictured - inner belt removed, pants super loose, chesty tucked and tied, and suspenders still under floaters but tightened up a bit to keep everything together.

I really prefer a "one unit" kind of feel, so I think this will probably be a good move. Will edit/report back after Sunday puck though.

IMG_3277.jpg

Edited by indykrap

4 hours ago, indykrap said:

C&A: McKenney 870 in Large
Pants: Warrior X2 Sr in Large
Suspenders: Kenesky

Used to have the inner belt in cinched up really tight, and then chesty tucked over top. Wore suspenders too on top and tucked under the floaters. Was pretty comfortable and held together while still mobile, but not perfect and the inner belt did seem to loosen up a bit throughout games and get sloppy.

Trying something new as pictured - inner belt removed, pants super loose, chesty tucked and tied, and suspenders still under floaters but tightened up a bit to keep everything together.

I really prefer a "one unit" kind of feel, so I think this will probably be a good move. Will edit/report back after Sunday puck though.

IMG_3277.jpg

Hoping it works out! As for the inner belt loosening problem, I've ran the strap back through the belt buckle after tightening. Does the trick for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After taking quite a few stingers (I thought I broke ribs on a couple shots), I ditched my Warrior RX3 E C/A and Warrior RX2 pants for a CCM Eflex 5.9 C/A and CCM Pro pants. The integration is exactly what I wanted. 

Incidentally, my Warrior pants lost the rear buttons for suspenders after about my 3rd or 4th game I bought them new from Perani's on Sep 3rd of this year. It just left the sharp points sticking out. I didn't even know the buttons had fallen off until I went to put my pants on the hanger after a game, grabbed them from my bag and pushed one of those pins into my palm. 

I'll bite here...

C/A: Bauer Pro Ultra LE (Goalie Monkey) - essentially a Reactor variant

Pants: oversized V6 2200 Pro - oversized in that I'm a 5' - 4"-ish dude that weighs about 150lbs and I'm rocking XL's I believe (quick check of the Vaughn sizing guide suggests Senior XS (?) for 32" waist (though I recall Vaughn used to say add 6"/8" to your actual waist... ) 

How Do I Wear it?: Even though there is an innerbelt the pants are loose (obviously due to the sizing notes above). Pants are laced up to the top Ed Grimley styles to facilitate easier tucking of the CA. Custom Brown suspenders (think the Y shape/setup without any length to the bottom of the Y) over top of the CA. Nothing is cinched down on the CA otherwise.

Any Issues?: Before I finally pulled the trigger on wearing the new pants I had collecting dust in the corner of the locker room I'd have the occasional CA popout if I sprawled for a save. Hasn't happened since I moved to the new breezers (been wearing them for the better part of the last year). Still working on them feeling "broken in" since I came from a pair where the crotch had basically disintegrated but they don't hinder movement at all.

Edited by chile57