Toe/Boot Straps

cwarnar

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JediGoalie30 said:

Would have been interested, but I thought $40 was way out of line for what they are. 

They’re $30 currently but I see what you mean. Although the hook attached to your toe bridge is definitely not bending or breaking anytime soon. For for several months I’ve had it the shock cord has only broken on it once. If you’re on a budget I can see why someone wouldn’t want to get it. 

16 hours ago, JediGoalie30 said:

Second skate with the shock cords today, had a few good scrambles with no problems.  The loops fit pretty snugly around the top of the blade holder, and I left enough of a lead between the front of the boot loop and the pad so they shouldn’t get pulled from the front too much.  The only way I could really see them coming loose is if something caught and pulled on the loop in the back, and I don’t really think that’s all that likely to happen.  So far, I like it, they don’t hinder my skate movement and they are super fast to get on and off.

Very cool. I may have to give this a try. I’m working in a new pair of VH One Piece skates and I have to say, they are a bit of a pain to feed even regular laces through the small holes in the “holder” area. Your solution could work well on those I think. As your post suggests, it seems like as long as you have significant tension in the larger loop area that goes over the holder, it should hold pretty well. 

Another option I thought of for those who wear a boot strap Lundy style would be to run the boot strap through both the shock cord loop on the back and the Lundy loop. Alas, I don’t wear a booty so that won’t work for me. 

16 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Stubborn goalies are stubborn. (all jokes, don’t get offended)

Not stubborn at all. I love trying new things. I just don't think they're as good as what I have.

13 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Thanks. I appreciate that answer a lot more than someone just saying nah, there’s A LOT better options than yours. Like I said though, I’ll consider trying stuff out but I feel that’s one of the only pieces of my gear that doesn’t need to be updated right now ?

I couldn't care less how much or how little you appreciate my answer. There's no need to go into a full paragraph to try to avoid hurting your feelings about there being no wrong way to do something when I can use a few words to specifically convey the exact reason I don't use them. 

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Not stubborn at all. I love trying new things. I just don't think they're as good as what I have.

I couldn't care less how much or how little you appreciate my answer. There's no need to go into a full paragraph to try to avoid hurting your feelings about there being no wrong way to do something when I can use a few words to specifically convey the exact reason I don't use them. 

Read my previous responses, the whole stubborn thing was a complete joke, because I’m stubborn too and I understand why you guys would use that kind of stuff.  But I’m not really gonna listen to someone who really doesn’t provide facts explaining why so and so is better than so and so, especially when I kinda need to know what’s better than what I’ve been using, but you have your reasons for not using it and that’s completely fine. 

With my side explained, I’m not trying to offend anyone here. Let’s not carry this on into a pointless argument, we’re all different and we all try to use what’s better for us individually and I respect all of your opinions. 

Archived