The Mask Thread

This came in today, just in time for my league game tomorrow night (team is also purple and gold, but that's just a coincidence) . Masked Marvel Assault model from @Joe Messina and skinned by SkinFx. Fits like a dream.

One of my favourite details is the old Thrashers alternate logo on top to fit my Golden Hawk motif, but still follows the traditional pointy graphic that's usually on top. 

20171108_205443.jpg

20171108_205534.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

This came in today, just in time for my league game tomorrow night (team is also purple and gold, but that's just a coincidence) . Masked Marvel Assault model from @Joe Messina and skinned by SkinFx. Fits like a dream.

One of my favourite details is the old Thrashers alternate logo on top to fit my Golden Hawk motif, but still follows the traditional pointy graphic that's usually on top. 

Nice! How many options do you have for the fit?

24 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Nice! How many options do you have for the fit?

Mine is a fairly simple men's medium with the shell extended 1/2" at the back to accommodate my large head. Didn't need anything more specific than that, so can't comment on any other custom sizing options. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

That looks awesome!  If you don't mind me asking, how much did the wrap cost?  Feel free to PM if you don't want to list publicly.

8 hours ago, Bell31 said:

My old Armadilla mask. Miss this mask.  One of the best!

Gotta love those 'dilla masks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AG37 said:

I don't know why anyone would want an NME/NVE. Look at that chip/crack on the chin!! I understand that most guys aren't playing against NHL players but still, Ive seen too many of those terrible masks break at low levels.

Some people have to think with their wallets first. Not disagreeing with you though, I do think it's lousy.

4 hours ago, AG37 said:

I don't know why anyone would want an NME/NVE. Look at that chip/crack on the chin!! I understand that most guys aren't playing against NHL players but still, Ive seen too many of those terrible masks break at low levels.

Some of that could be the paint used in the paint job... 

Why doe NHL guys use NME shells? It fits different than 961 and accommodates wide faces. 

I’m starting to think the NME’s rep is undeserved, too based on the lower versions, or people are hung up on then cage issues from 6/7 years ago? 

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Some of that could be the paint used in the paint job... 

Why doe NHL guys use NME shells? It fits different than 961 and accommodates wide faces. 

I’m starting to think the NME’s rep is undeserved, too based on the lower versions, or people are hung up on then cage issues from 6/7 years ago? 

I actually wonder if the fact that the lower end NME are plastic makes people think the shells aren’t safe. I don’t know. The NME8 was the sweet spot for me between price and protection. Also a great looking shell. But more than anything, it’s the padding. I tried Maltese and ended up ripping it out because the stock padding was more comfortable.

@IPv6Freely - I agree with you. The NME hate is unjust. I am not saying it's the best helmet on the market or the best "value", but it's not a widow maker. Considering how many people rock a 961 that doesn't fit well... I am definitely PRO NME. If you want a Bauer helmet, get what fits. There are now 5 sizes between 961 and NME10 (VTX soon). 

Most people probably had no idea the 5 people I mentioned use NME and not the Profile. Barely anyone can tell the different, especially once it's painted. 

On 11/13/2017 at 8:25 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@IPv6Freely - I agree with you. The NME hate is unjust. I am not saying it's the best helmet on the market or the best "value", but it's not a widow maker. Considering how many people rock a 961 that doesn't fit well... I am definitely PRO NME. If you want a Bauer helmet, get what fits. There are now 5 sizes between 961 and NME10 (VTX soon). 

Most people probably had no idea the 5 people I mentioned use NME and not the Profile. Barely anyone can tell the different, especially once it's painted.

As I have said before with stock vs custom that it is the construction. The companies are now offering full kevlar, fibreglass, and lexan. It is the lexan that is the dangerous one. 

31 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

As I have said before with stock vs custom that it is the construction. The companies are now offering full kevlar, fibreglass, and lexan. It is the lexan that is the dangerous one. 

Yes, I wish Bauer would discontinue the plastic masks at the senior level. No reason for them to exist. 

36 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Except for street hockey ?

Yea or I guess lower division inline maybe. But man, the number of people I see wearing NME5.. yikes.

Also, being literally less than 5 minutes from Tron HQ you see a lot of their garbage on the players here. I actually saw a couple local guys in Tron plastic goalie masks. YIKES. Can always tell the Tron guys... their bags and socks are always full of holes. 

On 11/13/2017 at 9:37 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Yea or I guess lower division inline maybe. But man, the number of people I see wearing NME5.. yikes.

Also, being literally less than 5 minutes from Tron HQ you see a lot of their garbage on the players here. I actually saw a couple local guys in Tron plastic goalie masks. YIKES. Can always tell the Tron guys... their bags and socks are always full of holes. 

LOL

Edited by bunnyman666