The Mask Thread

Not sure if I've posted these before.  I flipped through a couple pages but didn't see it.
Got these a month ago from Frank Cipra.

Pro's Choice 961 shell.  I like the backplate a lot more than the ridged one that Dom does, a lot easier to work on for the painter too, I'm sure!

5a5ad3ff77af5_PC961.thumb.jpg.6c453224547e21c707ee2d176dd8253a.jpg5a5ad40356195_PC961-2.thumb.jpg.d10880cc10e154e9fd888c4698a44ffc.jpg

• Like 1

On 2018-01-08 at 7:36 PM, 1C5 said:

Posted this in ProTechSport thread but here is one of my new mask from Michel. 

C004B92E-E5F0-43C7-82ED-00088557E8F6.jpeg

Very nice both the model and Matt finish - my son has been wanting to go back to a Bauer type mask will be taking a serious look during spring break at possibly ordering one like this !

I'm still sporting my Reidic mask I got off of estogoalie some 6 years ago or so. All white, chrome cert. cat-eye cage, a Habs helmet sticker on the right side, a Bulldogs (then AHL farm team to the Habs) helmet sticker on the left cheek, a Gatineau (Hull) Olympiques helmet sticker on the top and the number 33 on the chin. It continues to serve me well.

Only cool story I can state on the mask is when they held some goalie tryouts I attended in Broisbriand for the famous Montreal-Quebec hockey series some years ago. When I got on the ice and skated near the bench, one of the shooters asked me if I played for the Bulldogs. I couldn't bullshit him but it did make me smile huge inside :)

Edited by RichMan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ULTIMA said:

If anyone was wondering, here it is. After many years, I switched over to Sportmask.

And for the misogynists out there that think female music artists don't belong on goalie masks, I hope this burns your ass. Oh and @TheGoalNet, my buddies at Eye Candy Air say hello.

Sportmask_Ultima_Right.png

Sportmask_Ultima_Left.png

Why the switch to Sportmask?  Which model did you go with?  Do you play on a team that has habs jerseys or do you just really like the habs?

so many questions still...

6 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Why the switch to Sportmask?  Which model did you go with?  Do you play on a team that has habs jerseys or do you just really like the habs?

so many questions still...

It was random, I was in a store and saw it, put it on and it was just love. I wasn't looking a reason to switch at all, but I liked it so much I just had to have it. It's the Professional Series 3 mask, or exact copy of Jonathan Quick's lid. Been wearing Canadien's gear/jersey/pants etc. since day 1 of men's league. Since there were no restrictions on what goalies can wear, I just stayed with it.

I have no issues answering questions so long as they're not stupid, respectfully.

On 2018-01-14 at 7:37 PM, Big2 said:

TGN back to a 961 type helmet, prior to his current Protecsport he was Bauer so the Protecsport like 1C5 just got

TGN I just realized I gave you a poor response to your question. The reason he wants to back to a 961 type mask is that it allows him to move his head around more frealy and with a slightly better range of motion than his current Protechsport which looks very similar to a CCM mask